poisonous shadows

1990

1990

WHEN THEY ARRIVED in California, Jackie noticed Izzy was acting weird. He'd made a phone call at the airport a bit earlier, and he was acting all cagey and quiet. He was looking around the area like he didn't want somebody to see or hear him. That somebody being Jackie. Or Mason with his big mouth. Yes, that's right... Mason went along with them.

"Who was that?" Jackie asked when he caught up to her and Mason. "Uh- nobody." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

She raised an eyebrow at him. He cleared his throat. "It was Slash. I was calling to let him know we're here. That's why I kinda stayed quiet, cause.. you know.." he excused.

Jackie nodded but she was still a little skeptical about it.

Mason had never actually been out of Washington, so he was stoked to be in California. He'd gone around all the shops in the airport, dragging the two zombies around. They'd gotten no sleep on the plane and they were tired of Mason's shenanigans.

He finally decided he was done window shopping so they were able to leave. They carried their luggage out to the rental car's trunk, then immediately went on their way to the guys' house. They'd been living in the same place Jackie lived in, and she was a little nervous to be back in that place.

She hoped that it would be quiet and nobody would be there by the time they arrived, out doing whatever they usually do, but she was disappointed when she saw a bunch of vehicles in front of the house. She let out a defeated sigh.

When they entered the house, there stood Axl and Slash with bright smiles on their faces and their hands behind their backs.

"Rose! Get over here!" She dropped her bags and ran up to the red headed frontman, pulling him into a hug. He squeezed her tightly and lifted her up a bit. "Jesus, don't squish me." She laughed when he put her back on the floor. She noticed he looked a little older. Of course, he'd look different than he did in 1987, but it was very different for Jackie. It was like a new era of Axl.

After she pulled away, she looked over at Slash with her lips in a thin line, in a smiling matter. He scanned over her for a minute before dropping his hands to his sides and speeding up toward her. "Come here." He mumbled, pulling her into his arms.

She was a little surprised at first and tensed up before a familiar sense of comfort washed over her. She relaxed into the hug and slid her arms around his back. Slash could've swore he heard her let out a sigh.

Even being back in her old house, it wasn't her home. He was her home. His warm embrace and his beautiful brown eyes. Jackie felt herself falling and pulled away. Not physically falling, but mentally.

Izzy was too busy being scolded by Axl for leaving but still kept an eye on the two exes reuniting. He made sure to give Jackie space, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a little jealous and worried she'd change her mind. He wouldn't blame her if she did.