sillage

1990

"YOU'RE STILL not off the hook." Izzy told her breathlessly, pointing a boney finger in her face. "Oh, really?" She raised her eyebrows and bit her lip to hide her grin.

"Really." He nodded.

She stared at him for a minute before scrambling off the bed to leave the room, closing the door on her way out to slow him down. She snickered as she heard him shout "Hey!"

She yelped when she heard the bedroom door open and Izzy ran toward her. She launched herself on the couch only for Izzy to jump on top of her and attack her sides with tickles.

"Stop!" She said through her laughter. When he didn't stop, she hissed through gritted teeth. "Ow, ow, it hurts!" She tried to contain her laughter.

"What, what?" He raised his hands in surrender and stared at her with wide eyes. She burst into laughter before pushing him off her so she was on top of him, and began tickling him.

After a few seconds of tickling him, she leaned back a bit to catch her breath. Izzy tried to ignore the friction being created right below the spot she sat as he tried catching his breath.

"Oh god." She breathed, flopping her head onto his chest tiredly. His chest rose up and down heavily right above his rapid beating heart.

He stared at the ceiling while they stayed like that in silence. After about a minute, she pulled back to look at his face with a content smile on hers. Her hair hung on one side, casting a curtain on one side of his face.

He had the same soft smile on his face while they looked over each other's features.

His face was pale and slender with light pink, thin bow shaped lips and a downturned nose between his soft brown eyes, then jet black shaggy hair that fell over his forehead.

She was quite the opposite with oceanic blue eyes that he'd get lost in, soft & full rosy lips and lots of freckles to cover her tinted cheeks and a slender upturned nose.

He chuckled quietly as he brushed a finger over her cheekbone.

"We probably look like idiots staring at each other like this." She spoke quietly. He chuckled again and looked around the room. "No one can see us." He shrugged.

His smile slowly faded away as she leaned in. He found himself leaning in a bit too.

And finally, after his years of wishing she just would, she closed the space between them, connecting her lips with his.

After months of torment from her scent that still lingered in the air, her footsteps in the dark corridors of his deserted heart that would still echo when he'd stay up late at night and listen to songs with lyrics in which he could hear her name in, the faint lipstick stain on her coffee mug that he stared at for four days after she left...

Her lips were finally on his, and everything had fallen into place. Every thought in his brain was stripped out and replaced with Jackie.

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie.

The kiss was slow despite his fast heartbeat, until she deepened it and he fell completely. He was sober now, and free of any drug in his system, but now she was his drug, and he couldn't get enough.

She moaned quietly into his mouth as she felt him already hardening under her. Her noise only pushed him further when he wrapped his arm tightly around her back and flipped her over without disconnecting the kiss.

He planted himself between her legs as they continued kissing one another. She let out another small whimper at the feeling of his hard-on rubbing against her through their jeans. He took advantage of her lips being parted to slip his tongue in and glide it across her top lip, but just as he did, the oven timer went off.

He let out a low groan but kept on, while she tried speaking in between kisses.

"Izzy..."

"Mm?"

"The...brownies."

"Fuck the brownies." He grumbled, then brought his lips back to hers. He waited for this moment since that Californian summer day in 1987 when Steven introduced them. He'd be damned if he was gonna let a pan of brownies interrupt them.

She finally came back down to earth and pushed his chest. When she was catching her breath, she caught a whiff of the brownies.

The burning brownies.

"Shit!" She hissed, carelessly shoving Izzy off her, onto the floor so she could speed into the kitchen and turn the oven off.

"Ow.." he groaned, holding his elbow that got hit by the coffee table before scrambling off the floor to follow her.

Jackie flew open the oven door and stupidly grabbed the glass dish with her bare hands. "Fuck!" She tossed it onto the stove. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." She cursed, inspecting her burnt hands.

"Shit, you okay?" Izzy came up behind her and looked over her shoulder. She couldn't help but laugh at how fucking fast the last two minutes went.

"Why are you laughing?" Izzy asked, grabbing her arms from behind and leading her to the sink. "..'Cause it's funny." She giggled. "Cause it's funny." He mocked in a high voice, turning on the faucet and running her hands under the water.

The door behind them opened but they were too busy to look.

Mason stopped in his tracks at the sight of Izzy right up against Jackie's backside while she slightly leaned over the sink.

"What the.." Mason's voice made her entire body jolt. "Holy fuck, Mason." She looked over her shoulder at him. "You scared the shit out of me."

"What did I just walk into?" He asked, dropping his bag on the floor and walking up to them when he was sure he wasn't about to enter the splash zone.

"Jackie being a fuckin' idiot." Izzy snickered. She elbowed him in the rib and he quickly silenced.

"Oh, so nothing new then.." Mason teased, hopping on the kitchen counter and leaning over to sniff the brownies.

"Yeah, laugh it up." She said, turning fully out of Izzy's arms and holding her reddened palms up for him to see. He sucked in air at the sight and grimaced. "Ouch. How'd that happen?" He asked, looking over at the guitarist. "Just another clumsy moment of Jackie's stupidity?"

Izzy made a big deal of opening his arms to present the pan of brownies. "Oh." Mason nodded, looking back at the girl.

"I was distracted!" She said, shrugging her shoulders high in defense. "Mhm.." the blond nodded again. "By?" He looked between the two.

Izzy only gave him a knowing smirk and slung his arm around her shoulder, which she shimmied out of to run more water on her hands.

After giving Izzy a fist bump, Mason spoke up again. "I heard pickle juice helps." He hopped off the counter. "Yeah, thanks but I'd rather not have pickle hands all week." She scoffed, pulling her hands out and flicking the water into Izzy's face.

AASSSSHDHXJCJDJWIWKR DHSNS I'm so excited for this chapter omg omf hopefully it wasn't weird I've literally never written scenes like that but I promise yall I won't rob u in the next chapter