destinesia

Los angeles, California
October 2nd, 1987
2:36 pm.

I felt the nice, warm, end-of-summer breeze, the smell of wet cement from post-rain storm, and the sweet sound of birds chirping.

I had just woken up from an afternoon nap. I laid on my bed, savoring the moment. The peace and quiet, looking out my open window.

Just when I thought I could enjoy something, I got smacked in the face with the smell of cigarettes and body odor, and the rumbling of five pairs of feet running up the stairs. how lovely.

I instantly groaned at the sound of them, oh god, here they come. I mouthed the words "help me" to my ceiling, at God, or whoever the heck is up there.

"Jackie!" a muffled voice yelled just before my bedroom door flew open. "Jackie!" another voice yelled.

I let out a sigh, and turned to the four tall men, and one short man standing in my bedroom. "Steven blew up the toaster!"

My eyes instantly shifted from sleepy to wide open.
"What?!" I hopped out of my bed and zoom past them all, running down the hall, down the stairs and into the kitchen, all of them following after me.

"Oh my god!" sure enough, the toaster was on fire. What a great way to wake up.

"Fire extinguisher?!" I asked, panicked, and all of them stare and shrug, how helpful.

Grabbing a box of baking soda from a cupboard, pouring it onto the toaster, I sighed in relief.

I turned to the men who haven't lifted a finger, and I stared blankly at them.

"What the hell?!" I shouted, waving my hands in the air. "Yeah Steven, what the hell?!" Duff repeated, looking at Steven.

"It was an accident! I thought you were supposed to keep the wrapper on the pop tarts!" I furrowed my brows and shake my head at his stupidity.

The four guys all started arguing and shouting at each other, while Izzy threw himself onto the couch.

"I can't deal with this right now, and neither can you guys. You have a show in like 2 hours, get a grip"

-

The water of the shower hit my back, running down my body. I looked down at my feet to see my ankles drowned in murky water, that's cute.

I winced at the color of it before turning the shower off. I wrapped myself in a towel and left the bathroom.

The door across my bedroom door opened and I heard a whistle, and there stood Axl in his doorway, looking me up and down.

"Stop being weird" I gave him a weird look and he rolled his tongue on his cheek. Gross.

I closed my door and dropped the towel from my body, onto the floor and I made way towards my dresser, grabbing undergarments, and then heading into my closet.

I decided to wear a lace trim, bralette type shirt, with an oversized fluffy dark grey flannel, which just happened to be Izzy's that I stole, black washed mom jeans, and black converse for the show tonight.

Since autumns & winters in California weren't really cold at all, I didn't have to worry about dressing warm.

Then I finished my hair and makeup, and put on some random bracelets and rings, and sprayed some warm vanilla body spray on.

"Nice jacket." Duff remarked sarcastically, knowing it was Izzy's, he smirked at me as I walked into the living room.

I rolled my eyes at Duff, hiding the tint on my cheeks, and kneeling down to tie my shoes.