1. Shopping

The PTX morning recording session had just ended. They had free time until next day. Mitch really wanted to go shopping for new clothes for the upcoming Tour, because he knew his favorite shops had just received some new articles. But he hated to go alone... Scott, Kevin and Kirstie had left rather quickly, and Avi seemed in no hurry to leave. Mitch randomly asked him, like joking, if he would come with him, and he was very surprised when Avi said yes, kindly.

- You sure it doesn't bother you?!

- I wouldn't say yes if it did, Mitch. Actually I've nothing special to do, and we almost never spend free time together. So why not?

- But you've always said you didn't like to do shopping!

- I don't like shopping for myself, answered Avi with an amused smile. I'm loosing patience at choosing and trying clothes. But I've often been shopping with Esther before she met Darien, and she never complained. I even liked it you know, even if she often took the opportunity to find me something in the process!

They both giggle and left the studio to get into Avi's car.

They went in town, Avi parked his car near a public garden and they had a quick lunch, talking about the coming Tour.

Mitch was thinking to his recent talk with Scott. Did Avi really seem so distant, or even sad? Not at the moment at least. He had a smooth smile and was talking quietly. It was true that he had been rather nervous on Tour last year, and seemed to loose himself in work sometimes, more than enjoying it. But he had always been kind with Mitch, even if they didn't have so many opportunities to spend time together.

This day was special actually, and Mitch was determined to enjoy every minute of it. Their meal over, they went out into the street.

*****

- Where do you want to go first?

- There's a shop nearby where I often buy some clothes. I know they have new ones, I want to see!

They got into the shop and Mitch started to look at all the new shirts, walking among them and picking one from time to time. Avi was looking at him with a slight smile. Mitch went in a fitting room, and he came out a few moments later, wearing a black shirt. He looked at Avi.

- Black again? I've seen what you've chosen. Mostly dark or dull color... Why not this one? Would you try it?

He was handing a garnet red shirt, smiling. Mitch looked surprised, but he smiled at Avi, took the shirt and went back to the fitting room. When he came out, Avi smiled at him happily:

- You are absolutely gorgeous! You really need to wear bright colors more often, as you used to do!

- Says the man dressed all in black while he keeps tweeting about green being his favorite color...

- Touché! laughed Avi.

- Okay, I'll take this one if you try... this!

Mitch had picked up an emerald shirt with discreet gold embroidery around the neck and cuffs, and was handing it to Avi with a little smirk.

- I didn't plan to buy anything!

- I just ask you to try.

- Are you trying to act like my sister? I shouldn't have told you...

Mitch didn't answer, still smirking.

- Oh well! Okay, I'll try it!

When Avi came out with the shirt on him, Mitch stared at him, silent.