13. I Will Find A Thousand Ways...

There was about a week left before the real beginning of the Tour. The members of PTX were sharing their time between rehearsals for Tour and arranging and recording new songs for the next album. A busy week.

On thursday, they had planned to choose a song amongst those they had written last month to arrange it. They had all agreed that it would be nice to include a ballad in the album.

Mitch had brought his song. He found enough self-confidence to present it to the band during their ritual gathering in the private room. He was obviously nervous, but determined at the same time. He added that, if they liked it for the album, he was thinking about sharing the lead with Kirstie.

Scott, Kevin and Kirstie studied it for a moment, silently. Then Kirstie raised her eyes from the sheet music, and peered at Avi first. He was standing, leaning against a wall, his legs crossed in a falsely relaxed attitude. She made eye contact with him, and he knew she wasn't fooled. She flashed him a smiled and turned to Mitch.

- It's a wonderful love song. As beautiful as "All Of Me." at least. I would be honored to sing it with you.

- I agree, said Scott. I'm sure we could add it to our originals. Mitch, I'm speechless. When did you write it?

- During last year... Thank you guys, that's nice of you! "All Of Me"! I'm honored! But it isn't as good as this.

- Oh! Yes it is! And "All Of Me" is a song I know by heart and love a lot, you know it. Yours is really beautiful too!

- They are not "nice" Mitch, spoke Kevin. They know what they're talking about. I really like it too. We don't have so many slow songs, and this one is powerful. I think I already have some ideas about what I could do myself. I really like it!

- Oh! Thank you Kevin!

Avi was smiling silently, and Scott finally noticed him.

- Avi. Oh my God! He wrote it for you, didn't he?

Avi stared at him, still silent.

- And... and Kirstie's part... You wrote it, am I right?

- Why do you think so? asked Avi in a hushed tone.

- Because it makes sense. Kirstie?

- I've guessed it at the first reading, she answered with a smile.

- I know, girls' intuition, grinned Scott.

- Avi didn't want to tell you, said Mitch. But I was sure you would guess. Yes, he wrote these lines before the Grammys, when I showed him my song.

Avi was still silent, obviously moved. Kevin stood up, walked to him and pulled him in a silent hug. Avi closed his eyes, hugged him back tightly and remained in his arms without a move.

Mitch covered his mouth with his hands and stared at them. Scott put an arm on his shoulder and Kirstie wrapped one around his waist.

When Avi finally pulled away from Kevin's arms, Mitch ran to him and kissed him, his arms around his neck.

Scott broke the silence.

- Wow! This was emotional!

- I would like us to credit Mitch only, said Avi with a voice hoarse with emotion. We usually simply write "Pentatonix" in the credits, but this time I would like us to credit Mitch for the Lyrics. Pentatonix will make the arrangement, but he wrote it.