4. A date

Sunday was a day off.

Around 10 am, Mitch was laying in a couch in the living room, a coffee in hand, lazily watching whatever was on TV with barely no sound. He was the first one to get up, the house was silent. Why did he wake up so early?

As an answer, his phone buzzed on the coffee table. A text from Avi. A long one!

I'd like to take you out today. For a date. Restaurant at 1st. And... Could you plan not to come back home at night, maybe?

Mitch's heart skipped a beat. A date! He had written For a date.

He answered: Sure, thank you... and yes! ♥

The answer was the name and location of a car park, and the word noon followed by a ♥

He jumped out of the couch and ran into the bathroom. Half an hour later, he was carefully choosing what he was going to wear, smart but yet casual. He dropped a few clothes and stuff in a bag, because of the "maybe," and he left his room.

Scott, Alex and one of their room mates were drinking coffee and having breakfast. Scott opened his eyes widely and exclaimed:

- Ready to leave already? I didn't know you had plans for today!

- I didn't either. But now I have. I'll be back... I don't know. Later. See you tomorrow at least,he ended with a little smile, blowing a cute kiss at him.

Scott was so stunned that he didn't answer right away. And then Mitch was gone. The three young men looked at each other, amazed. Mitch was definitely different! Scott shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his coffee.

- Tomorrow! Indeed!

Whatever was happening, it was getting serious...

*****

Mitch reached the parking and saw Avi waiting near his car, pacing up and down almost feverishly. He walked faster, ending his run in Avi's wide opened arms and resting his head on his shoulder, his face buried in Avi's neck. He sighed happily, and raised his face to meet Avi's lips on his.

Without a word, Avi opened the passenger's door and invited him to get in. Mitch smiled and sat down in the car. He looked at Avi walking around the car and settling behind the wheel.

- Where are you taking me?

- A nice place I've discovered more than a year ago, outside L.A. Not far from the sea. It's beautiful, and quiet, I'm sure you'll like it!

When they arrived, Mitch was surprised indeed. So near to the city, and yet almost like the countryside. They could hear the ocean whispering nearby.

They were both so moved that they barely didn't talk at first. This day was special, they felt it.

Mitch finally related his conversation with Scott at Kevin's new home the day before, and Avi shared Kirstie's words. They both laughed at how much their friends seemed disappointed not to learn more. They were more relaxed then, feeling collusive, and ended their meal talking and joking together.

- I love this place! I've never been in such a quiet restaurant, I was afraid to find it annoying, you know.

- I wasn't sure you would like it, answered Avi with a relieved smile. But I wanted to feel like alone with you...

- It was a good idea. And it makes this day even more special, answered Mitch, slightly blushing.

Avi smiled, suddenly feeling shy himself. C'mon! You're not a teen anymore! Why do you feel so insecure ? Because it's important, that's why. I don't want to disappoint him. I don't want to loose him. I've never felt anyting like this before.

- Shall we go for a walk on the beach?

- Sure!

*****

When they went out, Avi took Mitch's hand in his and led him to the seaside. They walked silently for awhile along the sea, feeling moved again.

They found a secluded place between boulders and sat down side by side, but soon Avi pulled Mitch on his lap as they usually did during their daily meetings.

His caresses were more daring that day, his kisses more demanding, and Mitch couldn't help but moan continuously, answering gratefully with both his hands and mouth.

Suddenly, he felt Avi's hand sliding down over the hem of his pants, down on his ass, on his thighs, and reaching his crotch. He stiffened, tightening his grip around Avi's waist.

Avi pulled away slowly, removed his hand and wrapped his arms around Mitch's shoulder, without a word. Mitch rested his head on Avi's chest, panting. He felt Avi taking a sudden deep breath.

- Mitch?

- Mmmh?

- I would like you to stay at home tonight. Would you?

Mitch turned his head and looked at Avi's face. Avi, who's gaze was directed to the ocean, turned his face to him and met his eyes. He was so serious! Mitch took a deep breath in turn and answered softly:

- I would love to.

After a brief silence:

- Avi?

Another silence, Avi answering only with his eyes.

- Do you mean you feel ready?

Without taking his eyes off of his, Avi trailed his hand down along Mitch's back and slipped it under his shirt, touching his skin. He whispered "yes", then closed his eyes and pressed his lips on his, in a soft and lingering kiss. Mitch slipped his own hand under Avi's ajar shirt and rested it on his chest, without moving more. Their kiss deepened. They slowly lengthened down on the sand. Suddenly, Avi broke the kiss and buried his face in Mitch's neck.

- I need you. I want you, Mitch. I'm tired of dreaming about you. I need you for real.

He was slightly shivering. Mitch felt a huge wave of desire and tenderness all mixed inside him. He ran his fingers in Avi's hair, gently, and whispered intensely:

- And I want to be yours, Avriel. Oh! Yes I want!