17. Promises

This story passed 2k views! I'm so surprised and thankful ♥

Please, let me your comments :)

*************************

The next day was a Friday. A day off. Avi woke up first, as usual, and went for his morning routine, waiting for Mitch. Work out, shower, a cup of tea... When Mitch woke up, he found some coffee waiting for him on the kitchen table. He smiled sadly.

- Don't worry, you will have your Starbuck today.

- What do you mean?

- I'm coming with you after breakfast.

Mitch widened his eyes.

- I appreciate her, but she needs to know. If she still wants to be our friend, I'm okay, but we can't go on like this.

- You're going to tell her?

- Yes Mitch, I want it to be crystal clear.

Mitch was deeply moved. For him, Avi was ready to tell the truth to someone who wasn't a part of their crew. He wrapped his arms around Avi's neck, and kissed him softly, then buried his face in his shoulder, muttering a barely audible "thank you." Avi tightened his arms around his waist and didn't answer. When he pulled away, he was smiling tenderly:

- Let's have breakfast first. You know I can't do anything before. Then we'll go.

*****

Half an hour later, they were on their way. As usual in town, they were walking side by side without touching each other. But when they were about to get into the Starbuck, Avi grabbed Mitch's hand firmly. Fortunately, their wasn't any other customer at the moment, it would make it easier to talk to Anna. She greeted them with a happy smile.

- Hey! Both of you! What a surprise!

Then she saw their intertwined hands and her smile slowly faded away.

- Hello Anna, replied Avi softly. I'm sorry to come like this, but I needed to tell you, and I think sooner is better. Mitch and I are boyfriends. We didn't tell you or show you, I know, we have our reasons. But Mitch talked to me yesterday, so I think you need to know.

Anna had pressed her hands to her mouth, her eyes wide opened.

- I'm sorry, she stammered. I'm so sorry...

Without letting go Mitch's hand, Avi came up to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

- No, don't. I am sorry. We should have been honest with you when you came home. We both like you, Anna. We still can be friends if you want to. But I would understand if you need time.

- I feel so silly!

- The silly one is me. Mitch had guessed since the beginning what could happen, but I didn't pay attention to it.

She quickly wiped a hint of tears in the corners of her eyes and smiled shyly.

- It's okay, thank you for coming yourself. I think I will need a little time, but I really like you both as friends.

- We'll be on Tour for a while anyway. We'll be gone or busy during June. Will you still be here then?

- Yes. I'll be here during most of summer.

After a short silence, she asked bravely:

- Do you still want your coffee Mitch?

- Yes please, answered Mitch softly.