6. PTX

When Mitch and Avi arrived together at the studio this monday, they met Kirstie at the front door. She raised a surprised eyebrow when she saw them getting out of the same car, but she didn't make any comment and simply kissed them hello.

They went in their private room, where the five of them often gathered at the beginning and the end of their working sessions, and found Kevin and Scott already in. Scott glanced at Mitch, obviously surprised that he had spent all night outside. But he didn't have a chance to say a word. Avi spoke first, saying that he had something to tell them all.

He took Mitch's hand in his:

- As it will surprise you anyway, I will say it in simple words. Mitch and I are in love, we've been dating for a few weeks now.

Kevin: Avi!!! Are you serious?!

Scott: Mitchie, oh my gosh...

Kirstie remained thoughtfully silent.

Avi dropped Mitch's hand and wrapped his arm around his shoulders. While Mitch, his cheeks slightly blushing, was gazing at him with a tender and bright smile, Avi explained in a few words what had happened that special afternoon, when he had been shopping with Mitch.

He said that while he wasn't sure he was really gay, he truely loved Mitch and couldn't help it... "It may seems strange and it is also for me, but it is true."

He told them in a few words about the past weeks.

And because they were all as close as sibblings, he finally said:

- We spent last night together.

Their three band mates remained silent at first, trying to figure out what was going on. Kevin seemed to be the most appalled.

Then Kirstie stood up, and warmly hugged the two young men without a word. Scott followed, and finally Kevin, showing how they loved them and cared about them, as always, no matter what.

Mitch added softly:

- I've something more to say. We need your help to keep it rather secret. We're not ready for making this public.

Avi seemed a little surprised, but also relieved. Mitch smiled at him softly and Avi squeezed his arm around his shoulders.

Scott regained his spirits enough to say:

- We can't take time to comment about this now, as we have work to do and people waiting for us. And we'll need time and quiet moments to do so, he added with a little smile. But I guess we will have to tell at least to our relatives and close friends soon... Don't you think so? We will be on Tour in less than a month now, we're going to work almost daily with them to prepare it, and then live with some of them for months on the road. I'm sure we can trust them.

- I need to talk to Esther at first, answered Avi. I don't want her to learn it amongst everyone. Then we'll choose a day, I agree with you. The soonest will be the best.

After a last group hug, they joined the team gathering little by little in the studio and the working day began.

Knowing that their friends were sharing their secret was a relief for both Avi and Mitch, even if a lot still needed to be told.