3. Discovery

During the next days, Mitch and Avi managed to spend as much time as possible together. Kirstie was joining Jeremy immediately after the recording or writting sessions, enjoying every moment with him before being separated by the next Tour. Scott was doing the same with Alex. And Kevin and Soraya were getting ready to move in together soon. They already knew where, and after asking Avi once more to make sure, Kevin had gladly planned to move out two weeks later.

Mitch and Avi were meeting at the seaside after the studio sessions, in a small uncrowded cove Avi knew for long. He had explained to Mitch how to get there before bringing him back home that first evening.

The first day, Mitch ran into Avi's arms as soon as he saw him, pacing on the sand, hands in his pockets, waiting. They shared a deep kiss that left them breathless.

- I've missed you so much, my little angel, said Avi. I thought this day would never end! It was so hard to work near you and feel so far from you at the same time!

Mitch looked at him with so much happiness and relief in his eyes.

- I was still afraid you would regret it. I've been waiting for you for so long without any hope! I still can't believe this is real. Even after last evening...

Avi hugged him tightly. Then he sat down on the sand, pulling Mitch on his lap and leaning his back against a boulder. They stayed there, in a cuddle.

- I know nothing about the future, Mitch. But I know what I feel for you. I need you beside me. I've been dreaming of this moment for months. You have no idea! I felt such a fool...

Mitch closed his eyes and muttered "I need you too." Tears began to roll down on his cheeks.

- Oh Mitch! Why are you crying?

But Mitch smiled among his tears.

- I'm just cleaning up four years of despair, I guess.

- I hope it won't take you four years more! said Avi while tightening his arms around him, and they both giggled.

*****

Day after day, they were sharing the tenderness at which they had yearned for so long. They were talking a lot, getting to know each other intimately and to deepen their feelings.

Avi felt more and more confident in showing his tenderness, even if it was still weird for him to be in love with a man. Well, he was in love with Mitch, and Mitch appeared to be a man. And Mitch loved him in the way he had been hoping to be loved for so long. That was all what he needed to know. He loved to hold him in his arms, feeling his body snuggled against him. It was like quenching a huge thirst.

Little by little, he was growing bold in showing his tenderness, and Mitch followed his rythm.

As a ritual, when they were sitting on the beach in their favorite spot, Avi was settling Mitch on his lap in a tight embrace, they were talking a little, and then cuddling and kissing.

The third day, pulling away from their kiss, Avi locked his eyes in Mitch's and reach his hand on his temple; he slid his fingertips on his face, slowly, along his temple, on his cheek, down on his nose, then drawing his lips, he slid his fingers down on his neck. He whispered whith a kind of wonder in his voice: "You're so beautiful!" Mitch blushed and Avi flashed him a fond smile.

Cupping his nape, he pulled him back in a lingering kiss while running his fingers in his hair. Mitch had closed his eyes and was lying in his arms, chills spreading in his whole body. During the final kiss, he had tangled his hands in Avi's hair, and slowly slid one down on his beard. They both moaned in the kiss, wishing it never ends...

The next day, Avi's hand went lower, reaching Mitch's chest, then his waist, finally sliding under his shirt. Mitch moaned in a deep sigh when Avi touched his bare skin, and tied his hands around Avi's neck. "You are so soft and so warm" Avi whispered in his ear. And then: "Please, touch me..."

Mitch looked at him in the eyes and shyly slid his hand inside Avi's ajar shirt, resting it on his chest. He smiled slightly while Avi was closing his eyes with a deep sigh, his hand still resting on Mitch's skin on his back. Mitch played with Avi's chest hair and Avi giggled briefly. "This is soft too" said Mitch with a smile, "I like it." And suddenly, he leaned toward Avi and replaced his hand by his lips, spreading slight kisses on his chest and going up to his neck, finally reaching Avi's lips who kissed him back greedily.

Thereby, Avi was discovering that what he had felt in imagination was real, and Mitch was getting more and more confident in Avi's feelings for him. But they weren't ready yet to let anyone know. At least Avi wasn't, and Mitch respected it.

*****

Of course, their three bandmates had noticed Avi's change of mood. Kevin was suspecting a new love story after their talk this famous day, but he didn't dare to ask more, as so many had ended in a kind of disaster in the past... And they were all so busy with the new album and the coming Tour that Scott, Kirstie and Kevin were just relieved by this respite, hoping it would last.

Scott had also noticed some slight changes about Mitch. He was often going outside, remaining evasive about where and what for. As he seemed to be rather happy, Scott didn't have any reason to worry about him and was happy to have some time to spend with Alex without feeling guilty about leaving Mitch alone.

*****

Came the day, near the end of the month, when Kevin moved in with Soraya. It was a Saturday, and the whole band gathered to help them moving all their stuff in their new apartment. In the evening, they shared a dinner together, welcomed in their new home by Kevin and Soraya, so happy to begin this new part of their life.

Around the table, Kevin had Soraya by his left and Avi by his right. Beside Avi was Kirstie, then Jeremy, Alex, Scott, and Mitch on Soraya's left. They were all joyful and talking loudly.

Scott leaned down toward Mitch and whispered in his ear:

- I don't see you that much these days Mitchie. You seem to be always outside. You look happier too, he added with a wink. Would you have met someone and keep it secret from your dearest friend?

Mitch blushed slightly, making Scott giggle.

- I'm not sure Scott...

- So there's someone!

- Give me time please, keep it to yourself. I'm not hiding from you. It's just... I can't tell you for now.

- Don't worry babe. I'll be patient. I'm just happy for you, Scott added with a warm smile. And this guy, whoever he is... He better be nice with you!

In front of them, Kirstie was talking to Avi, also whispering:

- I can tell you now, I've been worried about you for months... but you seem so much better now!

A small smile appeared on Avi's lips.

- I'm so sorry if I've been worrying you. I know I wasn't very funny all the time... Yes I feel better now. Thank you Kirstie!

She looked at him, and as he didn't seem ready to add anything, she went on:

- Actually, both Scott and I were about to talk to you, you know. Then Kevin told us two weeks ago that you seemed to be better, and it looks like he was right...

Avi smiled at her again, and put his hand on Kirstie's hand to squeeze it shortly, but he remained silent. His eyes met those of Mitch briefly, as Scott was straightening and turning toward Alex. They even didn't smile. Their eyes shined fleetingly, then they both started to talk respectively to Kevin and Soraya...