20. Summer

They had one week to get prepared for the Kelly Clarkson Tour. The big challenge was about Mitch's song.

Scott and Kevin wanted to perform it on stage. Mitch and Avi weren't sure. Kirstie was waiting for their opinion.

- It's a really beautiful song, kept repeating Scott. I feel it could be a wonderful way to introduce our next album.

- Thank you Scott, I feel honored, but... I don't know! On stage? Now?

- Honestly, when did you have to complain about one of my ideas? Kirstie may have ''girls' intuitions'' on many subjects (with a wink towards her), you can't deny I usually have some good ideas about PTX!

Kevin laughed.

- I have to agree with Scott on that one.

- But how do you plan to introduce it?!

- We haven't explained anything about the "Baddest Girl", "Love Again" or "See Through."

Kirstie, who had remained silent until then, intervened.

- I agree. Your song is a beautiful declaration of love, even if we know it also has a much more private meaning. We don't have to explain. Avi? You haven't said a word yet.

Avi stared at them, one by one, ending with Mitch. A soft smile formed on his lips.

- I think it won't be easy to handle, it'll be emotional indeed... But I agree with Scott. I'm not able to explain myself more for now, but I agree. If Mitch agrees too.

- If you're okay with it, then I am, nodded Mitch. But maybe not the first week. Let's see how we feel on stage first. Please?

- Let's do this, conclued Scott with a friendly smile.

*****

After a week on Tour, the main issue for Mitch and Avi was privacy.

They were sleeping in the same hotels than the Kelly's crew, and didn't feel comfortable to openly share the same bedroom. Furthermore, they often had single rooms! They were stealing some little moments thanks to their band mates, mainly in their green room before the concerts.

On stage, it was great. Their set was nicely welcomed by the Kelly Clarkson's fans mixed with Pentaholics. They were also singing a song with Kelly at the beginning of her show, and it was a success.

Came the day when they performed Mitch's song for the first time.

Scott introduced it by saying it was the first original from their coming album, and the crowd went crazy! The quiet introduction silenced the audience. And Mitch began to sing...

He went through the whole song eyes closed, while Avi was standing close to Scott, carefully focussing on his part. The crowd cheered them up loudly at the end, Kirstie threw a loud and happy "thank you!" and they followed up with the next song.

Kelly came to congratulate them warmly after the concert.

- If your whole album is as good as this song, you'll top the charts!

- Thank you so much!

- Don't thank me, she answered with a bright smile, thank your talent! And Mitch, your voice boy!

Mitch was slightly blushing, and Avi allowed himself to squeeze an arm around his shoulders.

*****

Avi was alone in his room that night, unable to get asleep. He was missing Mitch so much that it hurt. He got up from his bed once more and went to the bathroom to refresh his face with some water. Coming back in the bedroom, he was grabbing his phone and earphones on the nightstand when he heard a tiny knock on his door.

As soon as he opened it, Mitch sneaked inside and closed it back silently, immediately falling in his arms. Avi skipped a breath. They shared an almost despaired kiss, unable to pull away for a while.

- I felt strong enough last week, finally muttered Mitch, but tonight it was too hard. Nobody saw me, he added with a shy smile.

- I don't care! I needed you so badly! Oh! Mitch!

Almost incoherent, Avi lifted him in his arms, took a few steps and they fell down on his bed. Mitch giggled happily and they rested for awhile in a tight cuddle.

- I can't even tell you how I felt when you were singing...

- I felt like... we were making love on stage, but no one knew it, whispered Mitch, blushing.

- This is gonna a be a much more bigger challenge than the Chair Girl song, giggled Avi.

- It will be our secret...

- Show me what was in you mind, breathed Avi.

And Mitch showed him...

*****

Next morning, Avi opened his door, checked the hallway, and let Mitch get out when he was sure that no one could see him. This was exciting after all! Mitch came to Avi's room as often as possible, when he didn't share a bedroom with Scott, and Avi with Kevin.

Scott found out randomly, two weeks later, when he went to Mitch's bedroom late in the evening to ask him something. The room was locked and Mitch didn't answer. He freaked out a little, texted him, and got this answer:

I'll be back tomorrow morning, don't worry.

With a knowing smirk, he went back to sleep. He would have to tease them of course, but he already knew they would rather enjoy it anyway. Nothing could blemish their happiness.

*****

One week later, they were in L.A. for three days, ending with a concert in the city.

These three days were very welcome for the two youn men. They were rather on edge, their feelings exacerbated by the combination of the lack of privacy and the performance of their song, day after day. Their first night at home was wild...

For the first time from the beginning of their relationship, they were late at the studio on the next morning. And tired. They had barely not slept, talking and cuddling until a very late hour after making love.

Scott looked at them, opened his mouth, closed it, hugged them both.

- Hey guys! I think we'll take it easy today, right?

Avi looked at him, and didn't see any teasing in his eyes. He smiled softly.

- Thank you Scott.

- How are you?

- Happy. But nervously drained at the same time. A little more than a month left... It's such a great adventure, but I feel exhausted sometimes.

Scott glanced at Mitch who was wrapped in Avi's arm, his back leaning on him, his head resting slightly on his shoulder. Mitch smiled.

- I'm tired too, but I feel good.

- I don't know how you manage to remain so calm, smiled Avi.

- As long as I know you're by my side...

- Mitch...

Scott took a few steps back and joined Kevin and Kirstie, who were waiting on a couch, drinking tea. The two young men shared a silent hug, finally pulling away with a deep sigh.

They joined their bandmates and greeted Kirstie and Kevin, before sitting side by side in front of them. They were ready. They had an album to work on.

*****

The five next weeks were easier for Avi. Mitch's peaceful and confident attitude finally got on him and allowed him to ease his restlessness. When the Tour came to its end though, he knew he would have to face another kind of challenge...