12. Between Grammys and Touring

This story has more than 1200 views, thank you so much to all of you!

Keep on commenting, please! ♥

*************************

The next eight days were going to be the craziest of their young career.

After a week of performances, interviews, rehearsals, all mixed in a whirlwind of public obligations, they heard their names and got on the stage to receive their first grand price. They won a Grammy!

It was, also, a tough period for the two lovers. Almost no more privacy, except some short moments stolen thanks to the friendly help from the team. Being so close without allowing themselves to touch was somehow more painful than the separation for the A Cappella Championship in San Diego.

They eventually came back to L.A. for a short week, before the first pre-show of the Tour in San Antonio. But they were so busy writing and recording for the next album! In the evenings they were exhausted, almost unable to eat before going to sleep. Sometimes the band even took a quick dinner in the studio to work later.

They went to San Antonio for the Rodeo show. It was like a pre-show of the Tour.

Then back to L.A. Ten days later, the Tour would start in Oakland.

*****

Back home in the middle of the night, Mitch and Avi had fallen asleep as soon as they were lying side by side on their bed, curled up in each other's arms. One thing for sure, their door would remain locked and their phones turned off the whole monday.

They needed to be alone together more than everything. More than sleep, more than food, more than friends or family. The two of them. This monday was the first day off since the craziness of the Grammys two weeks ago.

Avi's stomach woke up first. Followed by a still sleepy Avi. He gazed at Mitch snuggled against him, his head resting on his shoulder, his hand slightly lying on his chest, almost touching his own relaxed face. He was so cute! So peaceful...

Avi slowly shifted away from Mitch, lifting the young man's hand to set it on the sheets, and cupping his head to be able to remove his shoulder. Mitch sighed and Avi froze, then softly pressed his lips on his temple and rested Mitch's head on the pillow.

He got up, he put on a dressing gown and went to the bathroom, then to the kitchen.

He made some coffe and tea, prepared a tray with all what they used to eat or drink for breakfast, and came back with it in the bedroom.

Mitch seemed to feel the smells coming from the tray from his slight sleep. His nose quivered and his eyes opened up slowly. Avi had put the tray on the floor and seated down on the bed. He was looking at him, softly smiling.

- What are you smiling at like an idiot, said Mitch with a still sleepy voice.

- I see a little Angel trying to come back on Earth. He's cute.