7. Together

Tuesday morning. The band gathered as usual in their private room. Kevin and Avi arrived first almost at the same time and sat down on one of the couches. Then Scott, Kirstie and Mitch came in together.

Avi stood up from the couch and with little no hesitation, Mitch ran into his arms. Scott giggled, joined by Kevin, and Kirstie exclaimed: "You guys! Shut up!"

Avi chuckled and replied:

- Don't worry Kirstie, we know them, I wouldn't expect less!

- Good boy! I was afraid you would have lost your sense of humor! said Scott with a wink.

- I think I've rather found it back Scottie! Go ahead, I'm not afraid!

They all laugh happily, the team PTX was more alive than ever and it felt so good!

- Oh! Scott! I've talked to Ester yesterday. I'm ready for a team meet up.

Scott looked at his smiling friend, understanding that this talk with his sister had turned out well.

- Great! What about tomorrow then?

- Sounds perfect.

This day was special. Avi and Mitch felt comfortable with their band mates now, but not yet with the rest of the crew.

Everybody seemed to feel something special, without being able to guess what was going on. The five were unusually playful, somewhat dissipated sometimes, and in the middle of the afternoon, Ben Bram decided to end the working session earlier than expected.

- Guys, he said. As you seem to have something important to tell us tomorrow, and as it seems to disturb you a little, I think it's wiser to stop for today. Try to be more focused tomorrow, okay? Don't forget we leave on Sunday for Phoenix, and the next week will be the Grammys week!

- Don't worry Ben, we will be ready! answered Scott with a happy grin.

And the five escaped from the studio. Kirstie, Kevin and Scott looked at Avi and Mitch going straight to Avi's car after a quick hug to their friends, Scott being okay to wait for Mitch while wandering around.

- They can't go on like this for long, commented Kevin.

- What do you mean?

- Look at them! Every minute far from each other seems to be painful!

- That's right... It's such a crazy story!

- Shall we have a drink before going? I want to hear what Avi told you yesterday! said Kirstie with a greedy smile.

- Why not? I also want to hear you guys about Mitch!

- Anyway, I have to wait for Mitch, let's go. I'll send him a text to let them know where we are.

*****

Meanwhile, Avi and Mitch had reached their favorite spot on the beach, and they sat down among the boulders, hand in hand.

- Mitch? I have something to ask you...

- Sure!?

- I don't know where to begin.... Let me tell you all, okay?