Chapter Eight

{Thaddeus POV}

The next few days went by in a blur.

Thaddeus had been walking down the halls of his school, avoiding any other oncoming kid. The only person his age he spoke with other than Alastor was Kali, but it wasn't like he'd said a lot, it was mostly Kali who talked. Thaddeus never got around to telling her his full story, not even his last name, though he didn't like anyone knowing that. But then, something happened that not only gave Kali his full name, but every person in the building as well.

"Thaddeus Bancroft, report to the principal's office."

Thaddeus nearly jumped when he heard his name, he grumbled. Thaddeus was confused as he made his way to the office, did he do something he didn't remember? When Thaddeus opened the door to the office, what awaited him was the principal, a shorter man in his 40s, and an older woman, most likely in her 60s, sitting on a couch. Once the woman saw Thaddeus, she smiled warmly and stood up as the principal cleared his throat.

"Thaddeus," he said, "meet Miss Price, she's been sent here by your grandfather to be your therapist." Thaddeus stared at the principal, then at Miss Price, then back to him. "Therapist? What? And how can my Grandpa just "send"people here?" Thaddeus asked, raising a brow.

The principal opened his mouth, but Miss Price beat him to it, even her voice was gentle. "Your grandfather donates a generous amount of money to the school every year, it was the least they could do for him. He wanted me to see if I could help you."

"What if I refuse?" Thaddeus scoffed.

"It's mandatory, if you don't, well, your grandfather didn't say what exactly he would do, but he said something about punishment." Miss Price's reply made Thaddeus freeze, anytime Zagen ever said punishment it usually meant something that drew blood. So Thaddeus sighed, rolled his eyes, and nodded lightly. "When do we start?" He huffed.

"Now. Your principal has been so kind as to let me use the guidance counselor's office for our sessions." Miss Price began walking for the door, she didn't give the principal time to respond to a word as she pulled Thaddeus with her.

"How many...sessions will there be?" Thaddeus asked as the two walked. "Oh, it'll be once a week for the next month. It sounds like it's more time than it is, it isn't." Miss Price answered as the two came to the former guidance counselor's office. "Ah, here it is." Miss Price said as she opened the door, allowing she and the sulking teenager behind her inside.

"Sit down." Miss Price waved her hand to a small sofa as she walked to the corner of the room after shutting the door. As Thaddeus plopped himself down on said sofa, Miss Price pulled up a chair in front of him, then promptly sat down.

Miss Price had been clutching onto a tablet, something Thaddeus hadn't noticed until she turned it on, propping it on her knee. She had her legs crossed. "Look, I really don't think any of this is necessary. You're not gonna understand anyway." Thaddeus said, throwing his head back against the sofa. Miss Price grinned, chuckling. "Oh, Thaddeus, I understand much more than you think." She said, then continued.

"I know all about your fire abilities, I even have your family's history locked in my old noodle. I knew your grandfather when he was younger, he told me some... interesting stories."

Thaddeus threw his head back up, clenching his fists. "You know about.."He opened one of his fist, letting his palm spark. "This?" He questioned, his eyes wide. "Yes, yes, I do." Miss Price said. "Your grandfather has requested I help you with your past trauma, I can help you heal if you'll let me." She said, her sympathetic eyes locked into Thaddeus's gaurded ones.