Chapter 21

(PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ FERRET'S LAST CHAPTER  BEFORE THIS)
~Heavy Language Use~

Thaddeus locked himself in the bathroom, that's when he'd begun trembling, from both anger and grief.

Not even ten minutes ago, Ashur had come running into the apartment, his face scarred by a burn. Thaddeus had sent Ashur to stay with Brooklyn for a while, being desperate to keep Ashur out of danger, but clearly, his efforts were in vain. And Brooklyn...

Thaddeus felt his fists clenched, there were already a few tears sliding down his cheeks. Alastor had killed her, Thaddeus couldn't believe it, he'd never felt more angry with his cousin then he did now. All he saw was red, Thaddeus wanted to kill Alastor more than anything.

So that's exactly what he'd do. Thaddeus wiped his eyes and roughly yanked open the bathroom door, storming out. Ashur was sitting in a ball on the bed, sniffling and lightly crying. Ashur looked up at Thaddeus, who was looking at him.

"Is he still there?" Thaddeus practically growled, his eyes narrowed.

Ashur shakily shrugged his shoulders. "I- I don't know..." he mumbled, then added, "what are you going to do?"

"I'm gonna kill that fucking bastard." Thaddeus bitterly spoke as he went for the apartment door, soon walking down the hall and out of the building. He'd completely forgotten to get Ashur something to help with his burn, he just felt too angry to think. Thaddeus needed to know if his mother was really dead, he needed to know if he'd lost the last person in his family that actually cared for him.

Thaddeus climbed into his truck and drove away faster than he probably should have down the street. Brooklyn was staying at a motel like Thaddeus asked her to in an attempt to keep herself and Ashur safer, but obviously, that failed.

Within twenty minutes, he'd arrived. Thaddeus didn't bother pulling his truck into a parking space, he just stopped in front of one of the motel doors, almost tripping over his foot as he stumbled out of the car at full speed.

Thaddeus noticed the door to Brooklyn's room was wide open, his heart skipped a beat. Thaddeus darted inside, his eyes widening when he saw Brooklyn lying on her back, sprawled out on the floor. Her throat was leaking blood, it'd been scratched open.

Thaddeus, while taking a shaky breath, rushed over to Brooklyn, kneeling down. "Mom? Mom, look at me, Mom!?" Thaddeus's voice broke, his eyes filling with tears, something Thaddeus refused to let come out. Thaddeus heard footsteps behind him, then a small chuckle.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the escape artist." Alastor grinned as he looked at Thaddeus fighting not to cry, it seemed like he absolutely loved watching Thaddeus spiral, and or just be in pain.

Thaddeus still had his back turned to Alastor, focusing on Brooklyn. He was busy muttering pleads for Brooklyn to wake up.

"I mean," Alastor continued, "you did have help...from a kid." He chuckled again. "And I hope you realize you didn't only get your mother killed, you also made that boy a target."

Thaddeus finally stood up, his fists sparking. Turning to face Alastor, Thaddeus felt his body vibrating with anger and rage.

Alastor noticed Thaddeus getting ready to toss fire at him, so he did it first. Thaddeus narrowly avoided it, lunging at Alastor the second he could. Thaddeus shoved Alastor into a wall with all his strength, then punched him in the stomach.

"You won't have time to go near that kid, you won't even have time to fucking scream after I'm done with you!" Thaddeus was pushed back by Alastor, then tackled to the ground by him.