Chapter Fourteen

(One day after Ferret's last chapter)

Zagen stood at the bottom of the staircase, fixing his red tie just a little. He was dressed in what he usually wore for his work, a black suit with a blood red undershirt to match. "Alastor!" He called out as Eros emerged from the living room. Unlike his brother, Eros had on what honestly looked like hiking gear, just minus the gear. Alastor walked out of his room and slowly down the steps, he looked wildly hesitant to be doing this. Alastor had absolutely no idea what Zagen wanted to talk to him about, and he didn't know whether to be scared of that or not.

"Where are you taking him?" Eros asked, eyeing Alastor. Zagen looked at his older brother, lightly grinning. "Oh, you know, just going to show him what I do for work." He said, his smirk growing wider. Eros shot him a look as he chuckled. "Really? Well, have fun with that." He spoke, turning to Alastor. He patted the teenager's shoulder as he began to walk to the basement. "And good luck to you, kid."

Alastor watched Eros, narrowing his eyes in confusion, though he didn't say anything. Zagen picked up on it though. "He's taking that cousin of yours away, you can relax, you won't see Thaddeus again for quite a long time." He said as he began softly pulling Alastor to the front door, Zagen didn't want to give Alastor time to ask questions. 

The house was old, it was the one Zagen himself had grown up in. It was also connected to a forest, as the entire city was pretty near one. There wasn't a garage, so Zagen kept his car a bit down the street. When the two got to it, Alastor couldn't hold back a scoff. The car was a standard brown station wagon. Nothing fancy as he would have assumed. The car honestly looked to be pretty worn. 

"No offence," Alastor began as he climbed into the passenger seat, "but I really thought you'd have something nicer."

Zagen, who was already in the car, gave a chuckle. "My father had this car for the longest time, when he passed, he left it to me. Our family's always done well with money, but that isn't cause to go out and buy the most expensive products just because we can." As Zagen spoke, he noticed Alastor kind of peering around the car. "When I pass on eventually," Zagen said, "I hope to be able to leave this to you."

(Okay...do we really need a scene of them just driving awkwardly? No, CUE THE VERY SHORT TIME SKIP)

After about an hour, Zagen pulled off of the highway and into the parking lot of a massive warehouse. The building was rusted on the outside, paint was chipping, and there were broken windows and whatnot. Alastor hopped out of the car first, followed by Zagen. "Where are we?" Alastor asked, his face explaining everything he thought about this place. Disgusted. "You'll see." Zagen said as he began walking to an entrance. Alastor inhaled a breath and followed him. Zagen arrived at a smaller door and was quick to open it and walk inside. When Alastor trudged alongside him, his eyes widened, then he coughed. Almost immediately, the smell of cigarettes hit him. 

The inside was completely different than the outside. The entire floor was a dark green carpet, the walls were decorated with black paint and pictures of the building in the past, however, there were also a plethora of weaponry hung up. Katanas, some rifles, even big snipers. In the back, there was a small gun rack containing pistols and shotguns, there were a few people practicing with those. There weren't any real bullets however, Zagen wouldn't have risked a bloodbath on his hands. All around the middle of the room, there were plenty of gambling tables with older men and women throwing around cards and most importantly, money. Everyone here was dressed closely to Zagen, proper styles. 

Alastor looked to be in shock from this, and Zagen grinned at it. That was the way he'd reacted when his father took him here as a younger man. "Come." Zagen ordered, he had to be just a bit louder in order to be heard over laughter and occasional fights that broke out at random points. Zagen led Alastor towards an office situated close to the gun rack. Zagen went inside first, being greeted by two muscular men standing at the door. Alastor was stopped by one of them, the man staring the younger boy down. Alastor returned it before Zagen stepped in, calling out to them from behind a desk. "Let him pass, he's with me."