I spoke too soon.

(Y/n's POV)

Spider is absolutely so annoying. I want to strangle him so bad.

Too bad people would view me differently if I did that.

Even though I am aware that Spider is following me, I just let him do it. It's not worth an argument. 

I can't hear him following me, I just know that he is. He always does. 

Every time when I tell him not to do something, he does it. It really gets on my nerves. I don't think I do anything that annoys him. I don't do anything that annoys anyone. I'm just so perfect. Hehe.

Maybe that's why Spider follows me all the time? I'm just too perfect to ignore. Maybe I should cut him some slack? Maybe I should be a little more nice to him? How would that benefit me though? In no way that I can think of.

I suppose that I can try though.

"Miles?" I call out.

It stays silent.

"I know you're there, Miles. Get over here." 

It still stays silent. Maybe he didn't actually follow me this time? Did he actually listen to me? There's hope?

"How'd you know?" I hear him call out.

I spoke too soon.

I hear him ruffling the leaves and walking closer behind me.

"It's typical Miles to follow me even when I tell you not to. How could I not know?" 

He finally catches up with me and adjusts to my pace of walking. It goes quiet. So quiet that I can hear mine and his footsteps and breaths. I turn my head to look at him. He was already looking at me. I crack a smile - to be nice - and I've learned that I find it rather difficult to smile at Spider. 

Spider smiles back awkwardly. I can only assume that he's curious about my sudden kindness. I mean, I've only ever been rude to him or just straight up ignored him. I'd be confused if I were him too. Honestly, this is probably pretty shocking to him, maybe even a little more shocking to me.

"What did you want me for?" He asks.

I just look away and shrug, "I don't know. Do you not want to be here? You may leave if you'd like."

"No, this is just weird."

"What? My behavior? Yes, I've noticed as well." I respond.

I turn to look at him, "If you like the way I acted before, I'd gladly go back to being rude to you."

His gaze just kind of stays on me. He's staring into my soul.

I look away, not wanting to ever look at his face again.

"I like the new you." He says.

"Okay, well don't get used to 'the new me,' she wont be here for long."

He just laughs and we continue to walk, side by side.

I've never actually walked with Spider. Believe me, I have my reasons, it's just that while I'm walking with him now, I feel sort of calm. Relaxed even. It's strange and I don't like it. Not one bit.