That being?

(Spider's POV)

I like messing with Y/n, it's fun. But the way she reacted to me teasing her, wasn't normal. Is she sick or something? She was ACTUALLY flustered. I usually just say that to poke fun, but she was actually flustered. When I get close to her, she usually gets close too, I think it's how she tries to come off as intimidating. This time, she backed away. I'm not actually cocky, I pretend. Why did she react that way? She knows that I'm joking, right? Even if I did like her, I wouldn't flirt with her or anything. I don't act like that when I like someone. Not that I like someone, I only liked someone once. Of course, it was Y/n, but who else do I really have as an option? I'm not saying that Y/n is a bad option, I'm just saying that she's the only option available. Okay, I'm making myself sound bad. I don't think Y/n would be terrible to date, but then again, how would I know what a good date is and what a bad date is? I've never been on one. I'm going off topic. The only thing that I should be worried about right now is: Why did she act like that? Did I make her uncomfortable? I hope not. Did she think that I was actually serious? Should I remind her that I was only joking? Yeah, I think I should.

I'm pretty sure that she's getting ready for her day, so I think I can just wait in her reading area for her.

After a while of waiting, I see Y/n walking towards her reading area, of course, with her face glued to a book. She doesn't see me because she's reading, so I call out her name, "Y/n?" She lifts her face from the book she's holding and when she sees me, her eyes widen. I smile at her but she turns around and starts walking away. I get up from where I'm sitting and catch up to her. When I do, I gently grab her shoulder and attempt to turn her around. When I do turn her around, she crosses her arms, still holding her book. "Y/n?" I say, again.

"What do you want, Miles?" She asks, with a bitter tone of voice.

"I have a question for you." I say, removing my hand from her shoulder.

"That being?" She rolls her eyes.

"I wanted to know, did you think I was serious?"

"About what, you're going to have to be more specific, there are a lot of things you say and do that I question if you're serious or not."

"About what happened, earlier?"

"Oh," She moves her eyes everywhere but mine, "I don't know. I assumed you were only joking, were you not? Do you have something to tell me?" She teases, I see she's back to her normal self.

"No, no. I was joking, I just thought that by the way you reacted, you thought that I was serious."

Y/n lets out a small, awkward laugh, "Yeah, I don't know what's going on, I think it's the lack of sleep that I am getting. By the way, don't you dare go spreading word that I acted weird or that I like you or something. I don't. I never have, I never will."

"Okay, that was a bit overreactive, but sure. I wasn't going to anyway."

"Okay then." She says, walking past me and going back to her reading area. Well then, I guess that's done and over with.

I walk over to the oxygen masks, put one on and go outside. I don't think about Y/n at all while leaving, which I guess is good.