Out here?

(Spider's POV)

I look over to where everyone else is and I see that Y/n is looking at me. When she sees that I caught her staring at me, she quickly looks away.

I quicken my pace and catch up to Y/n. She look over at me and rolls her eyes.

"What do you want?" She asks, rudely.

"Nothing." I shrug.

She looks away from me and shrugs. We continue to walk in silence. I decide not to talk because Y/n looks like she's already in a bad enough mood. I know that she wouldn't appreciate me talking to her or making any funny or rude remarks. I would love to make a joke, but she wouldn't think it would be funny. She would probably just stare at me for a while and then just look away.

I get used to the silence as we walk. I'm not usually quiet when I walk, or ever. It is nice to just look at everything in silence. 

But then the oddest thing happens.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Y/n asks. 

I slowly turn my head to look at Y/n.

She asked me that. She wasn't talking to anyone else. She was talking to me. Why though? She started being nice to me yesterday and I thought it was just for that moment. But she's still being nice. Why?

Y/n looks at me, "Isn't it?"

I try to say something, but I can't. I can't find any words to say. Nothing. Not one. I just stare at her blankly.

"Have you malfunctioned or something?" She asks, with a slight tone of impatience.

"No." I blandly respond.

"Okay then..." She says and looks away, awkwardly.

Why is she being so nice to me? Why did I act like that? What is wrong with me? Why am I starting to sweat? It's not hot, it's not hot out here at all.

I can feel my heartbeat speed up and my breath get heavier.

Y/n looks at me.

"Are you alright?" She asks, looking concerned.

I calm myself down, "Yeah. Just fine."

"Okay." She says while looking away.

I try to start conversation to redeem myself, "So, you were playing with Tuk?"

She looks at me, "Yeah, I promised her that I would."

"Out here?"

"Well I thought she was going to play with me in the lab, but then she told me that we were going to play outside. I had to."

"You could've just told her to ask me to play, I would've played with her."

"No, I need quality time with her anyways, I never see her anymore and I suppose it's my fault."

"Why do you think that?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"I don't think that it is my fault, I know that it is. I spend too much time studying and reading."

I just nod. I know what she's saying is all true.

We both look away and look at Tuk, who is playing with Jake and Ney'tiri.