Unique.

(Spider's POV)

I'm not all that excited to learn about what Y/n likes to do. I know she likes to read and that's about it. She's pretty plain and simple. But IS there anything that I don't know about her? I guess I'll find out.

Y/n and I walk until it gets dark. She doesn't like to walk out here late at night because it's dangerous.

"C'mon, let's just go back to the lab." She says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because it's dangerous to be out here late at night. In addition to that, I can hardly see anything."

I look at her and gasp when realization hits me, "You're scared."

She whips her head to look at me, "Scared? Me? No, I'm not scared." 

"Yes you are." I tease.

"No I am not."

"Mhm, I can see it. You're scared."

She crosses her arms and looks away, "I am not scared, Miles."

I look away, "Okay, lie all you want."

She throws her hand out, annoyed, "I am not a liar."

And then, a ruffled noise comes from some bushes in the distance. Y/n jumps in fear and looks around, alert. I am a little alert myself, but I do enjoy being right. She is scared.

"See? You are scared." I laugh.

"I am not scared and this isn't funny, Miles."

"Actually, it's hilarious." I burst out laughing at her.

She grabs her knife that she always has on her and brings it up to my throat, shushing me.

"Shut up," She says, "Something is out there and if you don't BE QUIET, you're going to get us both killed."

"Oh calm down, I know how to protect myself." I say, with her still holding the knife to my throat. I'm not very nervous about her having a knife to my throat right now. I should be, but I'm not. I don't know what it is. I know that she can and WILL kill me, with the right motivation.

"As do I, that doesn't mean that we can't be killed, moron."

We are both whispering at this point. She slowly takes the knife away from me and looks around again. We wait there, listening for any noise. We hear nothing, so I don't get worried. 

"There's nothing there, Y/n. We're good."

She relaxes and puts her knife back. She looks at me and then turns back around to continue walking and I walk along with her.

"We're going back to the lab." She demands.

"Fine."

When we walk close enough to see the lab, we slow down our pace. An idea pops in my head. Not a very good or realistic one, but still, an idea.

"Do you want to watch the sky? Like last night." I ask.

Y/n looks at me as if I'm insane, "Why?"

"I don't know, last night was nice." I confess.

"Hm." She says, "Fine. But only for a little bit."

I nod. She goes to sit down and I sit down next to her. I watch her as she lays down to look at the sky. I do the same, but I don't watch the sky. Instead, I watch Y/n. She looks over at me and burrows her eyebrows, "What?"

"Nothing." I say, quickly looking away.

I hear Y/n laugh. I smile to myself when I hear her laugh. Her laugh is soothing.

"What are you laughing at?" I ask, laughing a little.

"Nothing, you're just so... I don't know." She says, giggling.

"Just so what?" I ask, curious to know what she thinks of me.

I look at her and she's still looking at me.

"Weird." She says.

"Weird?" I ask.

"There are many other words to use. But yes, weird."

"Like what other words?"

"Strange. Annoying... Unique. Unique, that's a good one. You are unique, Miles."

"Unique?" I ask, laughing a little.

"Very unique. Miles, an art gallery could never be as unique as you," She laughs, "Sorry. Spider, an art gallery could never be as unique as you."

I smile, really happy that she corrected her mistake. I don't know if I should be flattered or not. I don't know if she meant what she said in a rude way or in a nice way. I can never tell with Y/n. I think that I should be flattered. I mean, she did compare me to an art gallery.

"Thank you?" I say, very confused.

She just smiles and looks back at the sky. I do the same.