Looking.

(Spider's POV)

As I am walking back to the lab to go to sleep, I think about what happened after Y/n left.

The whole time that I talked to Kiri, I thought about Y/n. I couldn't stop. I don't even know what I was thinking about when I was thinking about her. Anything that I could find that was related to Y/n, I thought about it. I didn't even pay attention to what Kiri had to say.

I left that conversation between Kiri and I, having no idea what we just talked about. I just nodded and occasionally said, "Mhm." 

Why would I even think that much about Y/n? What's so interesting about her? Maybe it's because she reads and has no interest in me whatsoever? Maybe it's how, when she does talk to me, she's so rude and doesn't care about my existence at all? Maybe it's because I know how nice she really is? I mean, under all that hate, she's really just the nicest person that I know. Maybe I just miss how things used to be between the two of us? Yeah, that's it. I miss the old times.

When I finally reach the lab, I go inside, take off my oxygen mask and go find my bed. While I walk to find my bed, I pass Y/n's bed and she's sleeping peacefully. I kind of have the urge to wake her up.

Should I? I ask myself, seriously considering it.

I'm going to do it.

I shake her arm, waking her up. She rolls over to look at me and mumbles, "Is it morning already?"

"No," I respond, "Come with me."

"What? Why?" She asks, sitting up.

"Just do it."

"Fine." She says, getting up.

When she gets up, she accidentally knocks a book on the floor.

"Be quiet, you're going to wake everyone up. And stop leaving your books lying around." I say, grabbing her wrist. She just rolls her eyes at me.

I practically have to drag her around because she's so tired. I don't really care that she's tired, I want to have fun. Like the old times.

I grab her an oxygen mask and she puts it on. I guess she's too tired to even fight about going outside. I grab myself an oxygen mask and put it on. I take her outside and sit down in front of the lab and I pull her down to sit next to me.

"What are we doing here, exactly?" She asks, sounding tired.

"Looking." I respond, turning to look at her.

She looks around, "At what?"

"Pandora. Specifically the sky."

She looks up at the night sky, "Well, I suppose this is nice." She says, calming down. 

"Mhm." I say, looking at the sky.

After a few minutes pass I feel like things are just straight up awkward.

Y/n speaks, breaking the crisp silence, "Why are you doing this?"

I look at her and see that she's already looking at me. I answer her question, "I don't actually know."

I do know.

"There's got to be a reason. Sure, you try to talk at me and interact with me as much as you can, but this is just, dare I say it, downright strange and awkward."  

"Yeah, you're right. You can go back to your bed or whatever."

"I'm already awake, you may as well tell me what's on your mind."

"I can't." 

"Why?"

"It's embarrassing and it would lead to everything just being awkward."

"Everything is awkward anyway. You can't wreck something that's already been wrecked."

"I guess so," I start, "Well, I was thinking. Not a lot. It was just one thought. Anyways, I had a thought and it made really wonder why I want to hang out with you as much as I do now."

I just dead stop and look at Y/n.

She looks at me, "Well? What have you concluded?"

I look away and continue, "Well we were so close. We had so much fun together when we were younger."

I look at her as she's still looking at me.

She thinks for a second, "Yes, that's true. I was actually thinking about that as well. I've concluded that, because we were young, we didn't really have many differences. We both loved playing. Yes, I read too, but I still liked to play. And in addition to that, we were young, we didn't care about differences. If I'm being honest, I don't think that we would have noticed any differences between each other to begin with. When you're young, you don't think about what someone else likes or dislikes, you really just want to know if they're good at playing hide-and-seek or not."

I just stare at her.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?" She asks.

"Kind of." I say.

"It's not that hard to understand."

"Yeah, but don't you want to have fun, like we did when were young? Or are you too good for that too?"

I can see that she's struggling to find something to answer with. Why wouldn't she want to have fun? Everyone wants to have fun.

She finally answers, "I get what you're saying. And, yes, I want to have fun. I just don't know how to properly enjoy the things that we did when we were young."

She's got a point. I don't really see myself playing hide-and-seek in my free time. I really would only play games with Tuk.