Good point.

(Y/n's POV)

I drag Spider over to the oxygen masks and give him one. I grab myself one and put it on. When I turn around check if Spider has his oxygen mask on, I see that he looks very confused. I know exactly why he is confused, but I play it off as if I don't.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He says, putting his oxygen mask on.

"Alright then."

I pull him along outside and just start to walk. After a while, I let go of his arm, seeing no further use for having our arms latched together.

We just walk. And we walk. And we walk. In total silence. It's a bit awkward if I'm telling the truth. Maybe I should say something? No, I'm not the usual conversation starter, Spider is. But he's not saying anything. Is he still mad at me or something? I don't know why he's so mad, I didn't know that he meant right that minute. I'll just start a conversation, to get things to be comfortable again. After all, that is the goal. To be comfortable with each other again, or something like that.

"Are you still mad or something?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"No." He plainly responds.

"Why so quiet?"

"Because."

Because? That's not a proper answer.

"Because?" I ask.

"I don't know, this is all just really weird." He admits.

"Ah, I see. Yes, well you wanted to be close again, correct?"

"Yeah, but I didn't know you'd actually be nice to me."

"Look, Miles, I'm trying. Okay? I'm just trying to be nice to you and I'm just trying to be close to you again. Isn't that what you wanted?" I ask, annoyed at his indecisiveness. 

"Well, I didn't know that it would happen over one night." He says.

"Neither did I." I admit.

We continue to walk in silence, again. So much for starting a civilized conversation. I was literally just doing what he wanted me to do. This is what I get for trying?

As we walk, I notice Spider - who is a bit far from me - drift closer to me every now and then. Maybe he's warming up to my sudden kindness? Or maybe he just wants to get close enough to me so that he can choke me to death? I'll never know until I know.

 When Spider gets pretty close to me, he stops drifting closer. So, he isn't going to choke me to death? Great! Though, he would be putting me out of my misery if he did. It is what it is, I suppose.

Spider clears his throat awkwardly and speaks, "So..."

"So..." I repeat what he said.

"What's the deal with you and Pandora?" He asks, to my utter surprise.

"What?" I say what I think.

"Well, It's just you don't always seem comfortable here. Well, you don't always seem comfortable around the Na'vi." He says, clarifying what he means.

"Oh," I say, "Well... I don't know. Pandora isn't my home. Pandora belongs to the Na'vi. It's not mine to have or dwell on. It is the only place I know, maybe the only place that I ever will know. But Pandora doesn't belong to me," I sigh, "And it's not like the Na'vi like me being here, they really only like you. They always welcome you into wherever they may be. It's just awkward when I'm around. Nobody knows who I am. I'm a stranger."

That felt good to say out loud. I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders.

"Well that's because you're not around enough." Spider says.

"Okay I know, but why SHOULD I be around? It's not my home."

"Good point."

"I know."

"You should be around to be with me." Spider suggests.

"What?"

"Well, we're trying to be close again, aren't we?"

"I suppose we are."

"That would be a great way for us to... I don't know, bond I guess?" Spider says.

"I don't only want to do things that you like if we ARE going to be doing this. It has to be fair. You learn about the stuff that I like and I will participate in stuff that you like to do." 

"Why wouldn't you be learning anything about the stuff that I like?" Spider asks.

"Well that's because I already know what you like and dislike. It's not that hard to know. You really stick to the things that you like."

"I guess that's true."

"So do we have a deal?"

"Deal." Spider confirms.

Great. This could either be great or it could be a dumpster fire. I'll have to find out along the way.