23

Chapter 23

    Zhao Qi writhed uncomfortably in Xiao Shiqing's arms, "Brother Prime Minister, aren't we going back to the palace?"

"The Xiao Mansion is located in the best part of the capital, only two streets away from the Imperial Palace. For many members of the Xiao Clan, the Xiao Mansion is the "Imperial Palace" that symbolizes power.

    Xiao Shiqing's parents are still alive, Xiao's father retired three years ago and returned to his hometown, and is currently living in a village in the suburbs of Beijing for the elderly; Xiao's mother was originally with Xiao's father, but when I think of the huge Xiao's residence, there is not even a mistress , I was really worried, so I left her husband and returned to Beijing to take care of the general affairs of Xiao Shiqing's mansion.

    After Xiao Shiqing was promoted to the position of chief assistant, he was entangled in state affairs, often stayed in the palace, and only returned to the mansion three or four times a month. Therefore, every time he came back, his servants would report to Mother Xiao, and today was no exception.

    "What did you say?" Xiao's mother couldn't believe it, "Shiqing returned to the mansion, and there is still a girl in his arms? Are you sure you read it right, what he is holding is a girl, not a melody that is as tall as a human?

    " Person: "Old lady, the little one can see clearly. The prime minister is indeed holding a girl, dressed in red clothes, very happy."

    Mother Xiao closed her eyes, put her hands together, and said brokenly: "Bodhisattva bless you, Bodhisattva Bless me, my son has finally enlightened!" The

    servant: "But old lady, I heard that the prime minister took this girl back to the mansion from the Chunfeng Tower. Where is the Spring Wind Pavilion? I'm afraid the girl from there..."

    Mother Xiao raised her hand With a wave, he said: "Whatever the Spring Wind Pavilion and Xia Yu Pavilion, as long as it is a girl, I can do it!" The

    servant said with a smile: "The old lady is really happy."

    Mother Xiao couldn't hide her excitement, "Yes, I look forward to this I've been looking forward to the day for too long. Shiqing is extremely arrogant, and his vision is picky. I found so many concubines for him, but he didn't like any of them. He has been busy with government affairs these years, and his mind is not on the love of his children. Unexpectedly, he also has today, I thought he would spend his whole life with Zuo Ben!"

    Servant: "Maybe the old lady will be able to have a grandson in the next year. This is a great joy!"

    Mother Xiao said happily: "Is the secret recipe I asked for from the palace last time still there?

    " The prescription for the medicine? It’s here, I keep the little one.”

    “Hurry up and cook a pot, and deliver it to that girl tomorrow morning!”

    Xiao Shiqing carried Zhao Qi into the house and put him on the bed behind the screen. Zhao Qidong didn't dare to move, and he didn't dare to ask. He looked up at Xiao Shiqing with his head up, and there was even greater doubt in his big eyes.

    Xiao Shiqing calmly explained: "It's inconvenient for you to go back to the palace with your appearance, first stay in the mansion for a night, and then come back tomorrow."

    Zhao Qi: "Oh...or the prime minister's brother will bring me a set of clothes, and I will go back to the palace after changing?"

    Xiao Shiqing: "I'm very busy."