Chapter 5

(Chapter song ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ by One Direction)
DEACON

“Alex!”  I bellow as I drop the cat book on the hallway table and search for my inconsiderate Beta.
He comes out from the rear offices.  “What?  What happened?”
I narrow my eyes and stomp over to him.  “You didn’t tell me our librarian was the hottest thing on the fucking planet!”  I growl and point at him.
“She is?”  he scratches his head.  “I don’t know.  I’m not into blondes so…”
“Yes!  Oh my God.”  I throw my hands up and lean back.  I spin around and a precious whine comes across my face.  “Her body…those lips…my god, the hair.  The smoking hot ass.”  I spin back around and my brows shoot up.  “The glasses.  Holy shit!”  I try to calm down as I walk backwards to the dining hall for a cold drink.  I’m so fucking heated, I feel like I’m on fire.  I’ve never been this turned on by a woman before.
Alex is behind me, chuckling.  “You…um…you seem pretty excited.” 
“Dude.  She has this…this look…like all reserved and shit, but underneath…”  I smirk.  “I bet she freaking wild behind those glasses.”
I grab a pop out of the fridge and crack it open. 
Alex folds his arms.  “OK.  Did you talk to her?”
I smile.  “Yes.”  I lean on the counter.  “I swear, I’ve never heard a voice so sweet in my life.  She’s amazing.”
“Did you bring her into the link?”  He raises a brow.
I tip my bottle back and drop it.  I point to him as I swallow.  “No.  Not yet.” 
He snickers.  “Kicked you out?”
I push past him.  “Yeah, but I’m sure it’s just nerves from meeting her Alpha.”  I say smugly.
“Oh, it’s totally got to be that.”  Alex snorts. 
“She does seem a bit skittish, though.”  I say as I sit down at a table.  Alex sits across from me and leans back in his chair.  “She looks like at you like you’re about to run her over or something.  I guess it’s scary to move to a new town.”
Alex ticks his head.  “Or she’s hiding something.” 
I lean back in my chair and tilt my head.  “What could a gorgeous, sexy librarian have to hide?”
He sits up.  “Maybe she’s not a librarian.  Maybe she’s a secret agent or something and she doesn’t want to link because it’ll blow her cover.” 
I laugh.  “Ok.  Enough Bond movies for you.”
“I’m serious.  She’s hiding something.  I’m sure of it.”  He eyes me.
I lift my hand to him.  “Duly noted.  I’ll check her out.”
“You already have.”  He snorts.
“The suspicion, idiot.  I’ll check out the suspicion.”  I say with snark. 
He laughs.  “Fine.”  He gets up.  He snaps his fingers like he remembered something.  “Oh, the Enforcer report is in.  They caught 4 more rouges last night.”
I furrow my brow.  “Where did they come from?” 
Alex shrugs.  “Don’t know, but it seems weird that we had nothing for decades now their crawling up our ass.” 
I nod.  “Did we get any answers from them?”
He shakes his head.  “They were dead before we could ask any.” 
I sigh.  “If any more show up, I want survivors.  We need something to interrogate.”  I thump my finger on the table. 
“Got it.”  He turns away.  “Have fun with your sexy librarian.”  He waves a hand in the air as he leaves.
“Plan on it!”  I yell and smile.  I lift my drink.  I play on having lots of fun with my new sexy book girl.  I just need to find out more about her.

**** 

I gave my little bookworm a few days to recover from our first encounter.  She seemed a little panicked when she saw me and I don’t want that to happen again. 
I stop at the door and look in the window.  My lips spread when I see her buzzing around in there with books in her arms.  My heart skips as I watch her stack them.  She bends over and I bite my lips as her shorts hug her perfect ass.  He long legs are so lickable I can almost taste them.  My wolf is letting out quiet growls of satisfaction, but I feel him and his want for more.  So much more.  I hear ya buddy.
I slowly open the door and she is at her counter.  As I approach her, she’s sorting her books.
“Hi…Jenny.”  I say with a little wave to get her attention.
She turns around.  A look of surprise is on her face.  Fuck, it’s adorable.  She fixes her messy hair and I can only think that there’s no way she could look hotter than she does right now. 
“Alpha.  Wha…What brings you by?”  She says as she tries to settle herself.  Her cheeks are flushed from work and she even looks a little sweaty.  If I wasn’t sporting a semi before, I am now. 
I put my hands in my pockets as I take slow deliberate steps to her.  “Just checking in.  I try to stay in touch as much as I can.  Especially with new members.  So…”  I look around.  “It’s coming along.”
She looks around too.  “Yes…It…Can I help you with something?  I'm still closed.”  She wrings her fingers together and looks like she wants to run. 
I smile.  “No.  Not really.  I mean, we have to finalize your application…”  I start.
She turns and grabs a stack of books.  Her steps are quick and I feel like she’s avoiding the subject. 
She climbs a ladder to one of the top shelves and starts to put books away.  I chuckle to myself and walk under the ladder.  I look up at her.  “What are you doing?”
She looks down at me.  “Me…I…Well, working…Alpha…”  She says meekly.
I cross my arms.  “I can see that,  I’d like to talk to you though.”
She let’s out a tiny, quiet whine and flips her eyes between her books and me.  “OK.  What about?”  She asks as she starts down the ladder.
I walk around to the front and smile.  “Go out with me.”  I blurt as my eyes train on her apple ass.
“What?!”  She sounded like I shocked her then she misses her step.  My eyes widen as I see her slips a few rungs and instantly react.
She yelps as she falls.  I rush up the ladder.  “Whoa!  Careful!”  I climb up to her and grab her waist as she finds her finds her footing.  I feel warm, smooth skin on my hands and realize they’re under the hem of her sweater and on her.  My fingers feel almost tingly touching her like this and it goes straight to my pants.  Jenny looks terrified though.  She’s practically frozen in the spot.  I look up at her and grin.  Her mouth is small as she removes them. 
“Thanks.”  She squeaks and pushes her glasses.
“You’re welcome.”  I answer and start to climb down. 
I jump down the rest of the rungs and she climbs cautiously down.  When she’s on solid ground, she turns to meet my big smile.  “Is that a yes?” 
Again with the shock.  “No…Definitely not.”  She quickly pushes past me and scurries to her counter where the till is. 
I follow her.  “Why not?”  I watch her grab more books.
She searches the top of a stacked pilepast her tiny, but curvy hips.  “Because…I…”
I beginning to enjoy this she act she’s pulling.  I lean close to her.  “You’re drop dead gorgeous.”  I drawl.  I gaze into her eyes and lick my lips as I eye her pink, pouty ones.
She leans back.  “No…no!”  She backs away putting the stack of books between me and her.  She kind of chuckles.  “No, I don’t think so.”
I straighten up with a chuckle of my own as she avoids me.  “It’s the truth.  I think you’re very attractive and I would love to take you out.”
I watch her cheeks turn bright pink and she laughs nervously.  “Alpha.  I’m very busy…”  She turns around and walks around the counter.  I follow right behind her. 
She turns and yelps in my face which makes me grin.  “You don’t have to be shy.  I can see your interested.”  I lean on the edge of the counter.
She laughs nervously and picks up books quickly.  “I-I-Interested?”  She says between giggles.  “What makes you think…” 
She walks to a shelf, places the books and turns.  Again with a yelp because I’m right behind her.  I’m really starting to like this game. 
She huffs and pushes past me.  “I can see it.  You want me.”
She huffs a laugh and fixes her hair.  “Alpha…”
“Deacon.”  I correct as I lean on the counter across from her with my sweet, charming smile.
She tilts her head.  “Deacon…Please…”  she turns and leaves for a table. 
I watch her long legs walk fast across the floor. Visions running my tongue down the to the tasty center fill my head and I bite my lower lip.
I know she wants me to stop pushing, but for some reason I just can’t.  She stops, turns and my face is barely a foot off hers.  The heat building between us has my brain thinking really dirty thoughts.  “I think you can spare a night.  Go out with me.”
She stutters, blinks at me and looks around.  She looks like she’s trying to find an excuse to get out of it. 
I lean close to her again.  “Say…yes.”  I tilt my head to her and smile.  I tick my head to the side as I wait for an answer.
Her face falls.  She swallows.  “No.  I’m way too busy.  Maybe some other time.”  She pushes me back and I watch her walk the floor again.
OK.  I’ll back off.  I saunter over to her and lean on the counter again.  “When’s the store supposed to open?”  I grab a book and flip through it.  Not really reading it, but changing my game.  I don’t want to force her, just catch her off guard a little. 
She takes it from me like I’m going to catch it on fire.  “Monday.”  She supplies.
Shit.
I press my lips together.  I have no choice.
I pull out my phone and put it to my ear.  I push off the counter and stand while I wait.  Jenny eyes me with curiosity. 
The other line picks up.  “Pete.  Dea.  I’m going to need another week…yeah…I just had an emergency come up and I need to be here for it…Great…Hey, you’re awesome, man…Yep…Tell Darcy I said thanks.”  I hang up, put my phone in my pocket and turn back to my hot bookworm.  I lean on the counter and grin.
Her lips turn down.  “What are you doing?”  She places a hand on her chest and wraps an arm around herself while her big, blue eyes lock with mine.
“Helping you open your bookstore, gorgeous.”  I rock my sneaker on the floor as I eye my beautiful librarian. 
Her mouth falls open and I quietly chuckle with the bounce of my brow.