Chapter 32

(Chapter song “Closer" by Nine Inch Nails)
JENNY

I blink at my boyfriend as he cackles uncontrollably.  He’s doubled over, leaning on his knees.  “Oh God…you should see your face.”  He laughs harder.  “It’s priceless.  Really.”  He stands up straight and walks over to me.  “What’s wrong, Jenn?” 
“Dea…”  I squeak.
He squats down in front of me as my mouth frowns.  “Awe.  You’re sad. It’s OK.  Deacons locked in here.  He’s fine for now.”
He rises and kicks a leg out.  “Now.  About the blade.” 
Lefu struts up to him.  He has four inches on Deacon and is scary big. 
“Seline…No!”  I get to my feet.  I take a step and she throws a hand up to stop me. 
“Give it to me.”  Lefu grinds. 
“I will.  Once you give me Helos on a silver platter.”  Deacon cocks a brow. 
Lefu tilts his head.  “I’m not giving you anything.  Give me the blade or I tear you to shreds.”  He growls.
“Go ahead.” 
“No!”  I take another step and Seline hits me in the chest with a magic ball.
“Jenny!”  The others shout. 
I slam into a book shelf with an oof and throw my arms over my skull as books fall on my head. 
“SHUT…UP!”  Deacons face twists into anger.  A sight that scares me.  I sit on the floor and watch my sister use him as she did me. 
“You said you wanted freedom!  You were gone!”  I yell as I try to catch my breath.
“Yeah, well.  I lied, princess.  Thanks for breaking the anchor.  Now, I’m free to kill whoever I want.”  He turns to the man in the black cloak. 
“You can try, witch!”  The man barks. 
“Why not pull down that hood?  Show everyone who you really are.”  Deacon clenches. 
“ENOUGH!”  Lefu bellows.  His deep voice rattles what’s left of the windows.  “Give me my blade or I will kill everyone in this room!!”
“Lee…we know you’d do that anyway and killing me won’t get your blade back.  I hid it well.  Step out of my way so I can kill Helos and I will reward you.”  Deacon crosses his arms. 
“This is bullshit!  DEACON FIGHT HER!”  Jayson yells.
Deacon turns, raises him up in the air and slams him into the floor.  “The adults are TALKING!”
Jayson groans and sits up.  “The adults are fucked.”  He growls.
“You got that right.”  Luke grits.
“Dea…please.  You have to fight.”  I lean on my hands to see him. 
“Jenn…I swear.  I will kill you.”  He side eyes me. 
Tears well as I hear the threat in his voice.  “Deacon…please.” 
She throws out her hand and throws me to the Alphas.  I scream through the air and land on them.  They catch me and absorb the throw as I knock some over. 
“You ok?”  Jake ask. 
I nod as a tear falls. 
She drops a hand and forms a magic ball.  “Out of the way!” 
Lefu growls and his eyes glow.  “No!” 
“Seline!  Are you insane?!”  Cedric yells.
“No, Cedric.  I am perfectly fine.  Years trapped in this vault gave me clarity.  Now, be quiet!”  She drops her other hand and forms another ball. 
“You don’t have the power, witch.”  Lefu grits. 
“I have way more than you know.”  She glares through Deacons eyes. 
She smashes her hands together and a beam of red magic is shot from her body.  The large column hit all four men faster than they could react. 
She stalks through them quickly and finds Helos.  She lifts him in the air and he throws a vial.  It smashes on Deacons chest and explodes in white light, we’re all blinded.  Lefu grabs Deacons body, lifts it up and slams it into the floor.  Seline groans with pain.  She rolls to her side and shoots magic at Lefus shins and hits him.  He screams as his skin burns. 
He grabs Deacons throat and pulls him up.  “You die!”  He throws Deacon to Michael and Artemis. 
Artemis and Michael turn to lycans as Deacon scrambles to his feet and backs up.
The Alphas break loose as Helos redirects his concentration.
“SHIFT!”  Zander yells and the Alphas tear out of their clothes.  Their wolves go on the attack. 
Azriel picks me up and I grabs his arms.  “We have to help!”
“Help who?”  He flicks his head between me and the fight. 
“Um…well…Deacon…There’s got to be something we can do.”  I say.
Cedric joins us.  “Dark magic.” 
“No…No.  That’s a very bad…”  Azriel shakes his head.
“Azriel.  If Seline kills the Shaman, she gains full control of the stores and the room.  We can't let that happen.”  Cedric crosses his arms.
“What are you saying?”  Azriel cocks his head at him.
“It wasn’t just Euris that wanted the room.  Seline wanted it too.  They planned on killing Helos for it.  When that failed, Euris sold Seline out.  Azriel.  It was Seline who planned it all.”  Cedric informs.
Azriel arches a brow.  “How do you know this?”
“The afterlife is full of juicy gossip.  Want to know how Elvis really died?”  Cedric smirks.
“Not right now, but this changes a lot.”  He says.  “Cedric…dark magic is a bad way…”
“I’ll do it.”  I interrupt. 
“Jenny, Dark magic isn’t a toy…”
“Desperate times, Azriel.”  I insist.
“Follow me.”  Cedric says and we run between the shelves to a hall.  The library fills with growls as the Alphas fight the lycans. 
I pray that Deacon will be alright as my heart pounds in my chest.  My evil sister is forcing him to do what she wants.  I can’t let her win.
Cedric turns a corner.  “I remember seeing shelves that looked a bit…menacing before my demise.
He turns again and the hall ends to a large room.  “Ah.  Here we are.”
The area is at least 50 shelves.  All the books are dark and black with different types of unholy bindings.  You can feel the evil in this room.
My skins shivers as I walk past them.
“You start with A and you start with Z and I’ll meet in the middle.”  Azriel instructs. 
I walk to what I think is A.  All the books are in various languages that I don’t understand.  I try to make sense of them using the illustrations.  These dark Sorcerers are sick puppies. 
“They’re eating bats.”  My face falls as I point to a picture.
“Yes.”  Azriel says.
“That’s not normal.”  I grumble. 
“It works for Rockstars.”  Cedric shrugs. 
I blink at him and the wizards go back to the search.  I slowly place the book back and grab the next one. 
“Azriel.  Will this work?”  I take a book to him, opened to a page where it looks like a spirit leaving a body.
He reads.  “Yes.  This will work.  We must hurry.”
Azriel explains the spell and reads how to make the potion we need to fight my sister.
We run back to the main room and Alphas are flying everywhere.  I duck and scream as Luke flies over my head and slams into a wall.
I look to Azriel.  “Chop, chop.”  He claps his hands and motions to the area where the potions stores are. 
Chunks of wall, wood and furniture fly as Seline goes after Helos. 
I shove Azriel out of the way as a chair hits the wall behind us and smashes.  “Hurry!”
On the floor, he finds a bowl and all the ingredients we need from the shelves.  He mixes them together and holds his hand over it.  Fire shoots out and sets the bowl on fire, boiling its contents. 
He blows on it, cooling it down.  “OK.  Now, I drink this down…”
“No.  I’ll do it.”
“My dear, you aren’t a witch.”  He says.
“She’s my sister and Deacons my mate.  Please I have to do this.”  I plead with fear in my eyes.  I have no idea if I can to this, but my insides are screaming that I should. 
He smiles.  “Mate.”
I smile back.  “I think so, yes.”
He pulls out a piece of paper and a pen. 
Loud growls and roars erupt and our attention is grabbed.  Deacon flies out of the fight and hits the stairs.  Lefu grabs him and tosses him to the floor. 
“Azriel!”  I whip my head to him.
“Alright.”  He shoves the paper at me.  “You need to drink the potion and say these words exactly.  Do not stop until your sister is completely out.  If she even has a little bit in him, she’ll go back in.  Say them to the letter.”
I nod and he hands me the bowl. 
“Drink it fast.  Don’t even think.”  He instructs. 
I place the bowl to my lips.  It smells horrible and tastes even worse.  I choke it down as fast as I can without throwing up. 
Dropping the bowl, my body heats.  My nerves tingle as my mind fills with thoughts of Deacon and my love for him.  My heart pounds and my skin feels like one gigantic itch. 
“Go!  Do it now!”  Azriel grabs my arm and we walk out from the area into the main aisle where the Alphas have the lycans pinned.  The Shaman is fighting and Lefu is beating Deacon.  A sight I can barely stomach. 
I hold the paper in my shaking hands and read it. 
“Evil incarnate, black of night.
Two become one, black heart to light.”
“Good!  Again!”  Azriel pushes. 
“Evil incarnate, black of night
Two become one, black heart to light!” 
I look up and Deacon went to throw a punch and stops. 
I repeat the incantation and the wind picks up.  The sound of thunder erupts in the ceiling. 
“EVIL INCARNATE, BLACK OF NIGHT.
TWO BECOME ONE, BLACK HEART TO LIGHT!”
Lefu looks my way and roars.  The Alphas jump him and he fights back as they pile on. 
“What?!”  Deacons eyes glow and he tries to raise his hand.  “No!” 
I shout the spell again and a literal black cloud forms on the ceiling of the library.  The thunder booms in the room.  Michael and Artemis take a look around and bolt out the door.  The Alphas chase them down. 
A wave of terror flows through me as I watch Lefu get up and make a move toward me. 
Red balls of magic fly passed my head and hit him.  Cedric and Azriel hold him back.
“NOOO!”  Deacon yells as he holds his head and falls to his knees. 
‘He's mine!’  Seline growls darkly. 
“EVIL INCARNATE!  BLACK AS NIGHT!
TWO BECOME ONE!  BLACK HEART TO LIGHT!” 
I scowl through my fear and spit my words at her.   I will not let her win!!
Deacon arches back and Seline is dragged out of his chest. 
He screams and Seline wails.  Her spirit claws at him, trying desperately to hang on. 
“Let go!”  Azriel orders. 
“No!  The vault is mine!  I won’t let you take it!!”  She echoes over the building storm.
My jaw falls as tears roll down my cheeks.  I’m in complete shock over what I’ve done.
“JENNIFER!!”  Cedric yells.
“RIGHT!”  I sniff.
I repeat the spell over and over as Seline is ripped from Deacons body.  I see him jolt then fall on his face. 
Seline is flailing in the air as her ghostly image rises out of the man I love.
“TWO BECOME ONE, BLACK HEART TO LIGHT!”  I can barely see in the flashing lightning strikes.  The thunder and wind make it next to impossible to hear. 
“I’ll kill you!!”  I hear her ghostly scream and I see her clouded image headed on a collision for me.  I stand my ground, but brace myself for impact, covering my face.  I expect pain, but instead I hear her screams.
I lower my arms.
“WHAT?!  NO!  LET GO!!” 
She’s in front of me and I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it myself.
I cry as her spirit balls up and spins in front of me.  The storm is tearing her apart in front of my eyes.  She screams and fights as the spell I cast destroys her. 
“LET ME GO!!!” 
Her ball spins so fast, can’t make her out anymore.  It explodes in light and fires like a rocket, hitting me in the chest.  I fall backwards and land on my back.  The wind is knocked clean out of my lungs.
‘Deacon…’  My mind echoes as it goes dark.