Chapter 38

(TW: Toxic Behavior)

(Chapter song ‘Pon De Replay’ by Rihanna, ‘Never Too Late’ by Three Days Grace)
DEACON

“Eh…OW!”
I turn from my tracker team to the sparring field.  I wrap an arm around my waist and cover the smile that’s growing on my lips.
Darcy is on his ass again, rubbing his elbow while my sexy librarian is standing over him with her hands on her waist. 
“Like that?”  She grins and blows a lock of hair out of her face.
Darcy groans, gets to his feet and fixes his ponytail.  “Yeah.  Something like that.”
She laughs.  “I’m sorry I hurt you.”
“You didn’t hurt me.”  He waves her off.  “I just wasn’t expecting that move.” 
She crosses her arms.  “You taught it to me.”
He leans on his knees.  “I know.”  He shakes his head then stretches his back out. 
I cross my arms as I watch the exchange between the big, confident Alpha and my sweet, innocent mate.  It almost reminds me of when I first started training Sarah.  She was a challenge in a small package too.
Riley stands beside me.  “She’s a little spitfire.” 
“She is.”  I chuckle.  “I was nervous at first.  She’s not really built for fighting, but it feels like she’s changed just a little bit.  She’s not as shy as she was before.”
He shrugs.  “It helps that everyone understands that she needs a different approach.  Trust issues are hard to work through.  Insecurities make it even harder.  We'll help her.”  He smiles.
“Thanks man.  I really appreciate it.  She trusts me and has no problem with me, but I don’t want her hiding behind me when things get hard or overwhelming.  I can only teach her so much.  She needs to build that confidence out there.  As much as I want to keep her to myself, I know that’s not healthy for her.” 
I watch her wrestle with Darcy again and she’s definitely strong.  I don’t know if Seline gave her it or the magic itself, but I’m proud she can hold her own against him.  He’s a big guy and she’s planting his ass all over the field.  Just another thing to count my ass lucky to have her. 
“She’ll be fine.  Come on.  Lana needs something to track and you’re it.”  He smirks. 
I sigh.  “OK.  Give me 10 minutes.” 
“Cool.”
We both shift and I run off to ‘get lost’  Once she completes her combat training, I’m positive, my baby will be the best damn fighter we have. 
Her Luna duties will also have to be worked on.  Addressing the pack when she needs to requires confidence.  She needs to project that to the pack when shit goes down.  It’ll be slow going, but I have faith.  As long as I provide the help and downtime she needs, she can grow into the Luna she was meant to be. 
I can grow with her.  She has a lot to teach me about living life to the fullest.  Both slow and fast.  I think this will make me an even better Alpha in the long run. 
With the two of us working together and having fun, we can be the best couple this alliance has. 

**** 

After a full day of tracking and fighting, I felt it was time to hit the sack and spend some much needed quality time with my librarian and her books. 
Laying on the floor, I read to her. 
“He looks deep in her eyes.  ‘Of all the billions on the planet, there’s only on that will make me feel like you do.  You may hate me.  You may want me to leave, but I’m telling you right now, I will never love anyone as much as I love you.  I will die first.’  He cups her cheek and kisses her.”
I drop the book and roll my head to her.  “That’s pretty weak.” 
“What?  No.  It’s romantic.”  Jenny protests.
I roll to my side and smile.  “No.  What he should’ve done was look deep in her eyes and lean in close…”  I smirk as she giggles.  My lips play on hers. 
I lick my lips.  “What he should’ve said was, if you think you’re getting rid of me that easy, you have another thing coming.”  I grab her nape and bruise her lips as I take her.
The soft moan that escaped her throat tells me I’m right.  She starts to laugh and this makes me laugh.
“OK, hotness.  Time for bed.”  I sit up and put the book away.
“But it’s the best part.”  She whines.
I grab her hands and pull her to her feet.  “I know it’s the best part, but I want to create my own part, not read about it.”  I chuckle. 
She blushes.  “Right.  That…um…that’s a b-better idea.” 
I hold her head.  “A very good idea.”  I kiss her and walk to the bathroom. 
I come out and she’s stripped to her black, lacy bra and panties. 
I seductively smile.  “Mmm…I like black.”  I wipe the drool from my lips as she laughs. 
“So Darcy tells me trainings going well.”  I pull off my t-shirt and throw into the hamper. 
“Yep.  I’m learning a lot.”  She grins.
“Oh yeah?”  I lower my eyes to her, rush her, grab her around her neck and between her legs.  I lift her up as she yelps, I toss her on the bed, straddle her and pin her wrists above her head.  I bite my lip and lean down to her.  “Get out of this one.  Looks like you’re in trouble, sexy.”  I whisper in a sultry tone.
She smirks, bucks her hips hard, plants her feet on my stomach and kicks me to my back.  I land on the mattress with an oof. 
She straddles me, tightening her thighs against my waist and pins my wrists above my head. 
She leans to me.  Her silky, golden hair hangs around my head like a curtain.  She tilts her head and grins.  “Oh no, hotness.  I think you’re the one in trouble.”  She says seductively.
I look her over with confusion and desire. 
“Damn!  Yes, please!”  I smile big before she slams her lips on mine.
Yep.  This is what I always wanted.  Someone to have fun with and to love unconditionally.  With Jenny, I get both.  I hope this never ends.  I said forever and I want as much of forever I can get with her. 
This love we have together is so special.  We just get each other in the best ways.  It’s my wish that everyone gets the kind of love we have. 

****

After a passion filled night with Jenny, it’s time to get some work done on this pack.  First is the security of the library. 
Now that we’re the official protectors of it, I made the pack understand the responsibility we all have now.  Our Luna needs help with making sure her responsibility stays safe.  In true, Upton fashion, my boys stepped up.  They made Jenny’s library and store a priority and are willing to fight whoever tries to threaten our Luna. 
A bunch of party animals protecting books.  You can’t make this up.  My pride as Alpha is through the roof.  I love this pack.  They’ve accepted Jenny and everything that makes her great.  This is my legacy I’ll leave to my kids if I have any. 
The future of Upton was great, now it’s amazing all thanks to my little Luna and her love of books. 
I sign the vetting papers on my desk when my phone rings.  I look at the number and hit speaker. 
“Oliver.  Thanks for getting back.”
“What’s the urgency?”  His deep voice almost vibrates my phone.
“You know that wolf you lost?”  I say as I sign.
“You lost.”  He growls.
“Whatever, Ollie.”  I tilt my head to the phone.
“What about it?”  He asks.
“I ran into her a few days ago.  During the Moon.”  I grab another paper and read it over.
“Where?”  His voice quiets.
“My pack.  She broke into Jenny’s store.”  I tell him.  He’s not a council member so I have to be choosy on the words I use with him.
There was a long pause. 
“Ollie?”  I stop and look at the phone.
“Thanks for letting me know.”  He growls and hangs up. 
I arch a brow.  “OK?” 
Well, if he wants details, he can call me back.  The wolf is long gone.  We haven’t seen her around at all and now that we’ve upped border security, I don’t think we’ll ever see her again. 
The rest of the rogues keep trying and with the help of our magical resources, this town will be the last one they destroy. 
Try it Michael.  I dare you.

****

OLIVER

I stand, running my tongue against my teeth as I stare at my phone.  I tick my jaw and walk into the pack house.
I slam the front door and my boots thud on the stone tile of the foyer.  “IAN!  WHERE ARE YOU?!”
My middle brother comes out of the back offices.  “What?”  His brow comes together and he’s holding his hands out.  “What the fuck’s your problem?”  He pushes his black hair out of his face.  He looks like me, but shorter.  We’re both thick and hot-headed when we want to be.
Right now, I damn well want to be.
I point upstairs.  “Is she here?”  I say low, tilt my head to him and clench my teeth.
“Yeah, of course she is.  What’s…”  He says.
I don’t even let him talk.  I turn and take huge steps up the dark wood stairs.  “EZRA!!”
I storm down the hall and stop at her door.
I raise a fist, look at it, then raise a boot instead.  Yes, I’m that pissed. 
I kick her door open.  She doesn’t even flinch.  She just narrows her eyes and shoots me a glare.  Her black hair with red tips hangs down her front as she paints her nails. 
“What do you want?”  She grumbles.
I cross the floor to her bed.  “Where were you?” 
“Nowhere.”  She glances up. 
“That’s bullshit.  I just got a call from Deacon saying you were in his pack.  Why?”  I stand at her leg that overhangs the edge of the bed.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”  She inspects her nails.
I bite my top lip, reach down grab her hair and pull her to her feet.  She holds my hands with a growl and tries to fight me as I pin her on a wall. 
I throw a finger in front of her nose.  “Don’t fucking lie to me, woman.  What were you doing in Deacons pack?” 
“Nothing!”  She grits.
“You broke into his Lunas store.  That’s not fucking nothing, Ezra.”  I get close to her face. 
“You think you fucking scare me?  You may have saved my neck from the Alliance, but that doesn’t mean I owe you.  It sure as fuck doesn’t mean I give you an ounce of loyalty.  The last thing I’ll ever be loyal to is a pathetic, pissant Alpha with a superiority complex.”  She bites every word and I can see her attitude hasn’t changed since I brought her here. 
I get even closer.  Her hot breath is on my lips.  “You know, I have taken a lot of shit from people, but when you open that smart mouth of yours, I want nothing more than to shut it up.”  I snarl.
“Go ahead…if your balls are big enough.”  She sneers. 
Oh, she has a steel set, I swear to God.  “You really want me to, don’t you?”
Her lip curls and she juts her head to me.  “I would love nothing more than to see you try to shut my mouth.  Better be good because if it’s not, I’m going to get even louder.”
I thread my fingers into her hair, fist it and I pull her lips to mine.  “Oh, you’ll be loud.  I’m just that good at shutting up bratty birds.”
Her eyes turn to slits as a small growl vibrates her chest.  “Prove it.”  She grits.  “And I’ll prove how wrong you are.” 
She’s daring me to unleash hell on her and judging from the ache in my pants, hell isn’t the only thing I’ll be unleashing if I allow it. 
I would just love to make that pouty, evil mouth suffer. 
“One…More…Time.  What were you doing in the store?”  I play with her lips as my voice tickles her skin.  Her shaky breath warms my lips. 
“Looking for a cook book.”  She smirks. 
I press my lips together and with a growl, I grab her throat under her chin, pick her up and throw her to the bed.  She bounces off it and lands on the floor. 
I stride to the door as she picks herself up.  I stop and turn, throwing a finger at her.  “Your runs are cut off!  You leave this house and I’ll kill you myself!!”
“You don’t own me, Oliver!!”  She stands and yells back.
I take steps to her.  “NO!  I’M SAVING YOUR GODDAMN LIFE, EZRA!!”
“WHO FUCKING ASKED YOU?!”  She screams back.
I walk out the broken door and slam it shut.  I’m fucking heated and pissed that she'd be so disrespectful when all I want to do is protect her.  She’s just such a bitch!
I could let her rot in my prison, but I felt sorry for the dirty bird.  There’s something in her that tells me she’s fighting some hard demons and I want to help.  I can’t do that with the council circle jerk hanging around. 
Besides, it’s Michael they want, not her.  I have better uses for her.
So I’ve made it my priority to get her to a functional level.  If I can get her comfortable with me, she’ll spill what she knows about what the rogues are planning.  I just need to get past her fucking mouth. 
And get past the fact that I want to pin her down and tear all her clothes off with my teeth.

THE END
Thank you for reading Deacon.  I love the support I received for this and all my other books.  I love all my supporters.  You are my inspiration to give you the best stories from my world.

Behind The Alpha continues with Book 6 Oliver.

Behind The Alpha
Quinn
Wes
Nala
Cass
Deacon
Oliver:  Oliver Fredericks is the Head of Falcon Ridges Prison Unit.  He’s had a giant chip on his shoulder since Bastian Cole took the council seat that belonged to his family.  He tries to think of ways to get on the council, but because his methods of interrogation and dealing with bad guys is less than moral, the council votes him down.  It’s not until a lost rogue lands in his lap, that he develops a plan to use her and get his father’s seat back.  What he doesn’t realize is that when he finds out who the rogue is, his mission becomes something else entirely.
Graham
Adam

From the Authors Desk
The Axelridge Series is live with Book 1
Finn's Slapshot:  Finn Trezner is a hockey NHL star and Alpha of Axelridge.  A floating city in Lake Ontario.  Full of sport fans and organized fighters, Finn and his 5 council Alphas fight Lycans from New York who want the city to set up a new life.  When he’s not fighting Lycans, he’s fighting his Ex April.  Her son is being coaxed onto a dark path and it’s up to Finn to save him and all the other teenagers of Axelridge who have gone missing over the last year. 
Jax's Quick Stick
Marcus: Break The Bat
Griffins Pitch
Noah: Ball’s In Your Court
Eddie: Shred The Peak
Find The Axelridge Series on Patreon and Kofi. 

From the pipeline
The Snow Queens Hunter.  Exclusive on Patreon 2023
The Oceans Of Atlas Series
The Falcons Reflection Series
The Rise Of The Falcon Series
The First Dragon: Rise Of Draco Torrent
The Wolves Of London
Launch dates are TBA.  Titles are subject to change

Keep up to date with chapter snips, book announcements and other great things coming from the world of M. McTier
Find me on:
Instagram: mmctier1
Tiktok: mmctier2
Patreon: www.patreon.com/MMCTIER
Kofi: www.ko-fi.com/mmctier
Remember, I enjoy reading all your comments.  No matter what they say, I take them all in.  Your feedback is always valued and important to me.  So please like, comment, review and share.
M. McTier