Chapter 33

(Chapter song ‘Who Will Save Your Soul’ by Jewel)
JENNY

‘Wake up, baby.’
My mind is dark, but the most enticing voice penetrates it and pulls me out of the darkness. 
“Hey, gorgeous.  Wake up.” 
The voice is sweet and soft and I feel a pressure on my head. 
I struggle to open my eyes and try focus on the voice and find where it’s coming from.
“Hey…”  He sings quietly.  “There she is.”   He runs the back of his fingers on my cheek.
I refocus my fuzzy vision.  I squint and smile.  “Dea.” 
“Oh.  Hold on.”  He reaches to a table and comes back.  “Don’t move.”  I see him open my glasses in fuzzy form and he slowly puts them on my face.  “Let those pretty peepers see properly.” 
I finish adjusting them with a toothy grin.  His face comes into focus.  “Hello.”  I hold the hand that’s holding my cheek.
He leans down.  “Hi.”  He kisses me and I felt like it had been years since I touched his lips.  His electric touch consumes me as his tongue asks for entrance and it dances with mine. 
He breaks the kiss.  “How do you feel?”
I look away and search myself.  “Um…hungry.”  I look back at him.
He laughs.  “That’s a good sign.  Any feelings of a bad witch?” 
Again I search.  “No.  What happened?”
He leans to me.  “The good witch won.”  He whispers.  “And I love her so damn much.”
“I love you too.  What?”  I look at him confused. 
I sit up and look around.  I’m in a medic tent.  “Where?”
“We're still in St.  Edwards.  We're still trying to figure out how to move the library.”  He says as he fixes the blanket in my lap. 
“OK…no…Go back to the witch thing.  You’re joking right?”  I arch a brow at him.
“According to Az, you couldn’t have done that spell without having some magic in you.”  He tilts his head. 
“No…I just read words.  I didn’t do magic.”  I correct. 
“I don’t know.  You did something that destroyed Seline.  She’s nowhere to be found.”  He grabs my hands. 
“Maybe she did something.  Like a trick.  If I have magic, maybe she’s in me.  I need to be checked out.  I need like a magic doctor or a Witch specialist.  She could be hiding in here or something.”  I wildly point my fingers to my chest as panic fills me.
Deacon tries to catch my hands.  “Jenn!  Jenny!” 
I stop with a lost puppy look. 
He locks my gaze.  “The council already checked you out.  There is no evil ghost in you.  Your body…is clean.”  He grins as he says that last part in a weird tone that sounds like something out of movie. 
“I don’t understand.  I saw her enter me.  I felt her.  Where did she go?”  I ask as I chew my cheek. 
“There’s the lovely heroine.”  I look to the tent opening and see Azriel with Cedric looking prouder than peacocks. 
I shake my head to them and Deacon.  “No.  I’m not a Hero…I can’t…I don’t…”  I turn a million shades of red.
“Heroine.”  Cedric corrects.  “Yes, you are.”
“Deacon…”  I shrink.
“Baby. It’s fine.  You’re OK.”  He holds my cheeks.  “We aren’t going to expect you to put on red and blue spandex.  We're just proud of you.”  He kisses me.  “My baby saved my life.  For that I will worship her forever.”  He kisses me again. 
“We should explain what this means for you.”  Azriel says.
I break the kiss quick.  “Explain?  Explain what?”
Azriel sits in a chair.  “What happened was in the spell you used.  Essentially, the two…”  He held up two fingers.  “Became one.”  He brought them together and held up a single finger.
“Wait.  Az...Are you saying, my baby and the bad witch melded together?”  Deacon says. 
“Yes and no.  Jenny's light and good soul did one thing first.  She cleansed Seline.  Removed the black from her before merging the twin energy together.”  He explains.
“So…what does that mean?”  I ask. 
“What that means is that all the memories and experiences Seline had, are stored in you.  Everything she was has combined with your energy and you are now a singular individual.”  Azriel crosses his knee and laces his fingers on it. 
“So does that mean I could turn bad?”  I say innocently.
“Well, of course we would hope not.  You are defined by the choices you make.  You make good choices and you won’t be evil.  That doesn’t mean you won’t have certain responsibilities for your new powers.”  He grins. 
“Powers?” 
“She has magic.”  Deacon whips his head to me.  “You have magic?”
“No…I don’t have…”  I laugh nervously and push my glasses up. 
“Try it.”  Azriel says.  “Hold out your hand and call a magic ball.” 
Deacon bites his bottom lip.  He nods.  “Go on.” 
I blow out a breath.  I don’t think I believe this and if I can, I’m not sure I want it.
I hold my hand palm up out in front of me.
“Feel the magic.  Picture it growing in your hand.” 
“Do purple.  No one has a purple ball.”  Deacon nods.
I arch a brow to him.
“There is no purple.”  Azriel says. 
“There should be.  It’s the best color ever!”  Deacon says.
“Well, there’s not.”  Azriel snips.
I take a deep breath and stare at my hand.  After about half a second I drop my hand.  “I don’t have magic.”
Azriel grabs my hand again.  “Try again.  Really feel it.” 
I sigh and stare at my hand.  Then I felt it.  Like strings of electric currents riding my insides, It came out.  My eyes widen.  “Oh my God.”
“Don’t break it!  Concentrate!  Good, Jennifer!  Excellent!”  Azriel says as he sits forward in his seat.  He cradles her hand.
The purple electric strings came out of my upper arm and rode my length to my hand.  They gather into my hand and spin.  The tent lights up purple as a ball gathers in the center of my palm.
“HA!!  I TOLD YOU!”  Deacon gloats and laughs.
I’m laughing and I look to Deacon.  “I don’t believe this…”
“RIGHT?!  PURPLE!”  Deacon grabs my head and kisses my cheek. 
I turn to him.  “I wanted your favorite color.”  I say. 
His face softens.  “Awe…I love you so much right now.”  He grabs my cheeks and kisses me.
“EH!”
Deacon breaks the kiss. 
Azriel points in his face.  “No kissing while she’s loaded!”
Deacon raises his hands in surrender and backs off. 
“Azriel...How?”  I look up at him as my eyes fill with purple light.
“You’re a twin, dear.  Just because you didn’t possess magic, doesn’t mean you couldn’t handle it when it was given to you.  You have the strength and heart to carry your sisters magic.  You turned her dark magic into light and apparently can make it your own.”  Azriel grins. 
He places his hand over mine and absorbs the ball to nothing.  “With this, I see great things for you.”  He leans to me and nods.
“Yes.  Speaking if great things…”  Cedric starts.  “The room needs to be moved.” 
“So. Move it.”  Deacon says.
“I would, but there’s a problem.”  He scrunches his nose as he looks between us.
“What now?”  Deacon flops back in his chair. 
“The room doesn’t like me anymore.”  He says. 
“Excuse me?”
“You’re the driver.  How could it not like you?”  Deacon crosses his arms.
“Well, it’s not a car.  It has feelings and now it’s doesn’t like me, it likes her.”
“Me?  How can it like me?”  I press my hand to my chest and flick my head around to the eyes on me. 
“I don’t know.  I think it liked how you saved it.  However it happened, at this point, the only one who can move the library now is you.”  Cedric nods to me. 
My jaw falls and Deacon and I exchange looks of disbelief. 

****

Azriel, Cedric, Deacon and I stood staring at the crooked green door.
I wring the key in my hand as waves of nervousness flowed through me.  If I successfully move the library, what does that mean?  Does it mean I’ll be in charge of it now?  That is a majorly scary thought.
Deacon wraps his arms around me.  “You can do this.  Be brave and strong.”  He whispers his words of encouragement in my ear.
I take a deep breath and nod.
“I’m right here.”  He kisses my cheek. 
Azriel holds my hand.  “Think of home.  Where you were.  Think of your little bookstore on the quiet street.”
I give a little smile.  “I like that.”
“I thought you would.”  He smiles back.  He steps back and motions to the door. 
I step up to it and my shaking hand slides the key into the keyhole. 
Left to move. 
I close my eyes and think of my store.  I think of Deacon smiling and being his goofy self in the middle of it.  I think of the love we shared in my apartment.  I think of how happy I was on my little street. 
I slowly turn the key to the left. 
At first it was small.  A warmth came over me.  Then it grew.  It filled me.  All my memories.  All of its memories.  I felt like I was flying through space.  The world rushed by.  I watched as Upton came into view.  I saw everything. 
Excitement filled me as I saw my street. 
I open my eyes and realize the entire place is shaking like a massive earthquake.
“AZRIEL!  WHATS HAPPENING?!”  I yell.
“HOLD THE KEY!  DO NOT LET GO!  ITS MOVING!”  He yells as he hangs onto the support ropes of the bridge.
The building throws itself straight again and we all almost fall over.  I lose my balance and fall to my knees. 
“Deacon!”
His body slams on my back and his hand holds my hand on the key.  “I got you.”  He whispers in my ear. 
The broken debris flies around the room.  We’re pummeled by ripped books and splintered wood as he covers my head. 
Cedric and Azriel hold onto the ropes. 
The rumbling and shaking increases and the building fills with a white light.
“HERE WE GO!!”  Cedric yells.
I cover my ear at the growing high pitched whine that threatens to blow my ear drums. 
“DEACON!!”
“I GOT YOU!  I’M NOT LETTING GO!”
The whine peaks and the shaking stops. 
I yelp as a loud zap pulls us out of reality. 
It felt like a second when we crashed so hard onto something, all of us left the floor then slammed back down. 
I’m panting so hard, my lungs burn.  I lift my head slowly.  My glasses are crooked and Deacons hair is a mess.  I’m sure mines not much better. 
Azriel and Cedric slowly get up off the floor. 
Deacon turns to the front of the store.  He grins a big, toothy grin.  “Holy shit.  It worked!”
I turn and see my street out the broken windows.  “I did it?”
He laughs loud.  “You did it!  Come here you sexy, little wizard!” 
I’m still in shock when he grabs my head and slams his lips on mine. 
He breaks the kiss, grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet with a yelp.  He pulls me through the mess and garbage.  “Deacon!”
He drags me out of the front door.  Once on the street, he lets go and throws his hands in the air.  “GOOD MORNING, UPTON!!  WOOO!!”
I have to laugh at how excited he is to be home. 
He spins around and rushes me.  He picks me up and spins me around.  I’m laughing so loud.
He drops me and cups my cheek.  “That was fucking incredible!!  I love you so much.  I want you to stay with me forever.” 
My face falls.  “Forever?”  I squeak. 
He places his head on mine.  “Yeah.  Right here.   Say you’ll be mine forever.  Stand under the moon with me.” 
Life with Deacon Riley.  What could go wrong?
“Yes!”  I smile big. 
He slams his lips into mine and I wrap my arms around his neck.  We get so lost in each other, we didn’t notice we were gathering an audience. 
“Alpha?”
We break the kiss and my cheeks boil. 
We’re surrounded by the residents on the street and people coming from the side streets.
“Oh shoot.”  I say as I freeze. 
“It’s fine.”  He whispers. 
He stands in front of the growing group.  “Everyone!  Hi!...Hello…Come on.  It’s OK.  Come in close.  That’s it…”  He waves the people in to surround us. 
“Alpha?  What happened?”  A lady asks as she looks to the broken building behind us. 
“Oh that?  Just a building that fell from the sky.  It’s fine.  It’s not important…”
The looks on their faces, matches mine.  Is he crazy?
“What’s important is…I have found my Luna!”  He grabs my hand and raises it in the air. 
“Dea…”  I start as I adjust my glasses. 
The crowd looks at each other.  Then one person starts to clap which sends out a cascading wave of applause from everyone.  Whistles and cheers rose and shouts of congratulations came from them.
I couldn’t be any redder than I am right now, but it makes me feel good that they’re happy about it. 
Deacon waves them down.  “I’ll be making a formal statement later today about this…”  He waves to the building.  “I’ll try to answer all your questions.  Right now, I apologize for disturbing your morning and have a good day.” 
We walked to Azriel and Cedric standing just outside my completely annihilated store.  My mouth frowns and I want to cry.
Azriel puts a hand on my arm.  “Don’t worry.  We can fix it.”
“But…all the books.  They’re gone.”  I whine. 
“We can get them back, I’m sure.”  Deacon says as he rubs my arms. 
Azriel nods.  “Don’t worry.  We’ll make it good as new.”
“Okay.”  I say in a defeated tone. 
Deacon turns me around.  “Obviously, you can’t stay here so, let’s go home.” 
I sigh and glance into his happy, sparkling eyes.  “Okay.” 
He kisses my forehead and wraps his arm around me.  We leave the sorcerers and walk down the street.
“I have a question.”  I glance at him and look at the road. 
“And what might that be my sexy librarian.”  He grins with his chin held high.
“What happened to Lefu and the others?”  I look up at him. 
He shrugs.  “Hmm…Not sure.  I have a bigger question though.” 
“What’s that?”  I ask.
“Do you remember where I parked my car?”  He side eyes me with an arched brow. 
I stop and shoot him a look.  “What?  No.”
He starts walking again.  “Damn.  I love that car.  It better be OK.” 
I can’t help but laugh and shake my head.  The one thing that I absolutely love about Deacon.  It’s never dull.  Something I never thought I’d need.