Chapter 10

It was Christmas day and Mya had made coffee and sat on the couch looking at the Christmas tree her and Ryan sat up yesterday, she smiled and looked out the window. She wondered what her son was getting for her and his girlfriend, she was awake early even though she had the day off and saw him get up and leave.

Mya missed the Christmas morning when Ryan was little and would run down the stairs and dive headfirst into the gifts. But he was all grown up now. She sighed these were the times she wished her husband was here to keep her company.

'This is not a day to wallow, oh I need to get Ryan a gift, I almost forgot.' She thought and stood up getting on her coat and getting into her Toyota Prius and took off to the mall.

It was a cold day and while Mya drove past a park and saw a familar she wolf walking looking deep in thought. Mya parked her car in the lot and got out and went over to her son's girlfriend.

''Porsha?'' She called.

''Hey Mya.'' Porsha looked up and smiled happy to see the tigress.

Mya walked up to her. ''What are you doing out here?'' 

''Oh, just out for a little walk.'' Porsha said sighing.

''I'm a mom and I can tell when a young person is sad, so what's going on?'' Mya asked placing her arm around her as they walked.

''I'm a bit down that I will be spending Christmas alone this year. I already went to see my dad at the prison.'' She said.

''What about other family surely they are around?'' Asked My.

 ''Well, my uncle Liam is spending Christmas with my aunt Ariel and my cousin Alice in Calatonia they sent me gifts and told me Merry Christmas by video chat.'' Porsha said her paws in her pockets and was about to leave.

''Wait Porsha.'' Mya grabbed Porsha's paw as the she wolf looked at her.

''I'm doing the same, I'm here spending Christmas with Ryan because my sister in law Anita and her husband are spending Christmas with their son. But since your here and all alone, how would you like to spend Christmas with me and Ryan and you can stay the night.'' Mya suggested happily.

''You mean it?'' Porsha was shocked but excited. 

She was actually going to spend Christmas with her boyfriend and his mom. ''Of course, as a matter of fact I'm going out to find a gift for Ryan, so come with me.'' Mya smiled.

''Of course!'' Porsha grabbed Mya's arm as they cuddled and went back to the Prius and took off to Porsha's place as she went in and got her gifts and placed them in the trunk and got back in the car as they took off to the store to shop and they arrived and went in.

''Ok, now I need to find a gift for Ryan, hm been awhile since I got him something from the store.'' Mya sighed.

''Well, he is into dancing so hm oh over here.'' Porsha said pulling Mya to a clothing store.

Mya and Porsha went in and the she wolf pulled Mya to an area where they had gym bags and dancing stuff.

''Ok, I'd say go with a new duffel bag, I noticed his old one is almost falling apart, maybe a couple set of black stretch pants, that he can move in.'' Porsha said as she grabbed a couple of things and gave them to Mya who was impressed.

''Also maybe a new water bottle for him, since he works and all.'' Porsha stopped and looked at Mya and blushed. ''Sorry, I got carried away, but these are just a couple things he would like and need maybe.''

Mya started laughing. ''It's alright, I'm glad you know Ryan so well.''

Mya took the water bottle and duffle bag and went over to buy them and then they left the store getting back in the car and driving back to Mya and Ryans.