1. after the aftermath

as wednesday sat in the car on the way home from nevermore, the new cellular device xavier had gifted her pinged. a new message from an unknown contact. photos. her and tyler, her and xavier, and a message that read i'm watching you. then the unknown contact sent a gif of a girl who looked just like wednesday being stabbed in the head.

wednesday set the phone back down on the seat and thing pushed it into a bag.

this was the beginning of a very eventful break.

even though wednesday felt feverishly ill just thinking about it, and after taking a deep breath, she decided to text xavier. who had he given her number to?

wednesday became exceptionally frustrated when xavier wouldn't tell her who else he gave her number to

wednesday became exceptionally frustrated when xavier wouldn't tell her who else he gave her number to. she wondered if the stalker had somehow figured it out on her own.

wednesday turned to thing. "perhaps i should throw the phone out of the window and drown it in a lake. it may not be as satisfying as a human's death, but what else is there to murder?"
tap tap tap thing's fingers thudded. i think you should keep it. xavier will want to text you.

"i shouldn't keep this technology just for a boy. if i do, my eyes will burn with light and my stomach will churn with butterflies. disgusting."
tap tap tap. keep it just in case. lock it away.

wednesday nodded, deciding that's what she would do. "thank you, thing. perhaps you conserve more knowledge than i have previously realized."
tap tap tap. hell yeah, i do. you should text enid.

wednesday found that unamusing. "i have been away from the girl for an hour and a half. do i look desperate? besides, i have other plans on my agenda," she said with an eery smile. "torture."

___________________

two hours later, wednesday found herself arriving back at her home in new jersey.

"ahh my devious little scorpion! you're home!" gomez addams announced, filled with happiness and pride.
"father," wednesday said, acknowledging him as he wrapped his arms around his daughter.

"wednesday, you're home, at last," morticia addams sighed from up the steps of the house.
wednesday looked up at her mother to find a viscous smile playing upon her lips. "mother, hello."
"you defeated joseph crackstone, my dear. your ancestors must be excruciatingly proud. especially goody." morticia said with the most devious acknowledgment.

wednesday stared. "yes, mother. and i do wonder, where is my brother?"
gomez sadly looked down at the ground like a puppy that had just been kicked. "unfortunately, he won't be joining us much this summer. we had to send him away to summer school."

wednesday eyed her father suspiciously. "you should know in advance, he will escape, father."
gomez shook his head. "no, my little evil scorpion. he will not."
"yes, he will. do you not remember camp chippewa? it was a malicious hell and we escaped then. pugsley is frightened easily, yes, but he is resourceful. he will doom our doorstep any day now. you should be expecting it. now, if you'll excuse me, it's my writing time."