23. figure this out

the next day, xavier spotted wednesday sitting in botanical sciences and ran up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "how are you, love?" he asked.

she turned around and glared at him. enid's eyes nearly popped out of her head. "oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! are you guys back together?!"

xavier looked at wednesday for an answer. the noirette, who's face actually had color from blushing, unwrapped the boy's arms from her waist. "no. we are just... mere acquaintances. xavier has simply forgotten."

xavier leaned in and whispered something to wednesday... "i know you still want to be something more," he smirked before haughtily walking off.

wednesday watched him with an intense stare as he walked away. he wasn't wrong. in fact, he'd never been more correct. but she had to do something about it, to solve the friction between them. so she decided to confront him after class.

xavier shut his locker to find wednesday staring at him. "we need to talk about this," she told him, gesturing how she'd just boldly taken his hand.

he nodded. "of course we do. meet me after school, my art shed. same time as last night," xavier said, winking at her, suggesting the same thing that had occurred last night between them would occur again. wednesday stared. "no. my dorm room." he shrugged. "okay. see you then, love."

after school, wednesday had only been in her room for a few minutes before xavier arrived. he smiled as soon as he saw her. she simply stared. "from now on, i can only converse with you in secret."

xavier took a step closer towards her, not daring to break eye contact for a single second. "is this about... you know.. the stalker?" wednesday nodded. "your safety is more vital than being a couple in public. so goodbye, xavier. from now, if you need to speak with me, text."

instead of leaving, he walked up closer to her and started slowly caressing her cheek. "i'm not leaving you because of a threat, wednesday. i love you. i promise, i'm staying until the day i die."

wednesday tried to glare at him, but her facial expression looked more soft than she intended. this boy was messing up everything.

"no, xavier. i am not going to have your death become my first guilty conscience. and i will beg the devil himself if need be, but i am not going to have your deceptive spirit haunt me for the rest of my life."

that made xavier chuckle. "i love you, wednesday. but this is my fight just as much as it is yours. please, babydoll. let me fight with you."

wednesday wanted to throw up. "did you just compare me to a small porcelain infant?"

the boy shrugged with a guilty smile on his face. "it was worth a try." the girl stared at him. "you are incredibly oblivious, demon dog. i love you. that is why we must meet in secret."

xavier wrapped his right hand around wednesday's waist and pulled as his left kept caressing her cheek.

"i don't think you understand. i'm not taking no for an answer," he told her playfully.

the noirette couldn't take her eyes away from his eyes, but then his eyes darted to her lips quickly and back to hers. she did the same.

wednesday could feel his breath hot against her cheeks as he told her, "please don't torture me forever. let me be your boyfriend. i want the world to know that i love wednesday addams."

"considering how loud you are most of the time, i don't see how they would not already know," she said back to him.

"oh, is wednesday addams playing hard to get?" he asked teasingly.

"i am hard to get. especially to agree with you. i will ignore you whenever you speak to me, punch you every day in the exact same place until either you or i die, and stomp on your heart. i am not going to converse with you in public, xavier. i am not willing to give your life up for romance."

xavier frowned, moving his other hand to her waist, leaning down to her. "but we're so good together."

wednesday had been fighting every urge in her body to not give in, not let their lips touch, but she didn't want to anymore. she smashed her lips into xavier's.

after a few minutes, wednesday pulled away first and xavier rested his chin on her forehead.

"i am still not going to converse with you in public."

xavier smirked. "for now. i think i can convince you over time."

it was officially decided, they would have a relationship in secret. only enid and ajax would be told.