25. hello dear hyde

xavier tried to go after wednesday, but it was ultimately useless. she didn't want to be chased after. she wanted to be free from the bonds of his pining.

the two friends began to drift apart, and it was absurdly evident.

wednesday was busy with finding her stalker and xavier was busy trying not to think about her, even though it was pointless because he would never be able to stop thinking about wednesday addams.

he still believed she was the love of his life.

a few weeks after their fight, in mid-october, wednesday went on a walk outside and just so happened to pass where xavier was practicing his archery. the boy spotted the girl and gave her a small smile and wave. she simply chose to ignore the friendly gesture and go on with her walk.

as wednesday continued to walk on, there were less students around. she was getting closer to the woods. a nasty, gnarly beast came out and stalked the girl. it was not a monster, but a regular looking person, tyler galpin.

wednesday knew something was off and spotted him rather quickly. "why have you come here? to try and kill me again? enid will rip you apart piece by piece until there is no more of you left." the boy simply stared. "no, wednesday. i'm here for you, but not to kill you."

xavier heard her voice and someone else's and went to investigate, wondering who it was. as soon as he saw tyler, the rage bubbling in his stomach doubled. "you goddamn son of a bitch! get away from her!"

tyler looked at wednesday and quickly ran off before something could be admitted.

wednesday's eyes widened as she saw xavier and willingly ran out into the woods after tyler. xavier didn't understand what was happening and jogged after her.
"wednesday!" he shouted. "wednesday, come back!" the girl twirled around to face him. "leave me alone, xavier. this doesn't concern you."

panic flared in the artist's eyes. "yeah it does, wednesday. he literally used you to frame me and got me sent to jail. what the hell are you doing chasing after him?!"

"i would like the opportunity to speak to him alone. now leave, xavier. otherwise he will kill you. neither of us want that," she said, trying to warn him and shoo him away. xavier stepped closer towards her. "i don't understand why you're doing this, wednesday. he's not a good guy. you know that."

wednesday simply stared at him. "and i am not a 'good girl' either. your vision is severely impaired if you think i am." xavier shook his head, scoffing. "i know that you don't think highly of yourself, but you're better than that douchebag."

the girl couldn't listen to the boy's nonsense any longer. "if you don't leave right now, i will murder you myself," she said, glaring. he rolled his eyes and slowly backed away. "you're making a mistake, wednesday. don't make hasty decisions and stay safe. i can't live without you."

wednesday hesitantly looked at the ground. "i can't live without you either, but this is no time for forbidden and unrequited love. goodbye, xavier."

xavier looked at the girl one last time, truly knowing she was the love of his life. he would get her back. he had no other option. "i'll come after you, wednesday. i'll do whatever it takes. goodbye, love."

the girl turned around to run after the hyde. "tyler!" she whisper-hissed into the forest. "where are you?"

the curly haired former barista walked out in front of her once more. "is your ex boyfriend finally gone?" he questioned jealously. wednesday stared. "what do you want?" she asked.

tyler let out a dismal sigh. "come with me, wednesday. let's get out of this... fucked up place," he said, looking all around him. she stared. "why should i go with you?"

the boy walked closer with a vicious smile spreading across his face. "because i'm your stalker."

wednesday had to play it cool, but she was feeling emotions inside. anger, resentment, and stupidity. she'd foolishly let xavier go because of this fucking sorry excuse of a human?!

she had no other choice but to go with tyler. if she didn't, all of the other nevermore students would be in more danger than ever.

she believed it would be better this way, her being in harm's way instead of all the others. "touche, galpin. let's go."

the hyde lead her back to his home in jericho, where he had first face-timed her back several months ago the first day they met. wednesday eyed the boy suspiciously. "is your father not here?" she asked. tyler shook his head. "he basically sleeps at the office now. he knows i escaped and doesn't know what to do about it. it's probably traumatizing for him to be here."

wednesday looked to the side with disgust. "it is for me too," she muttered under her breath where tyler couldn't hear her.
the boy helped the girl climb up the back window to his room because the rest of the house was locked up, deserted.

once they were in his room, wednesday began interrogating tyler. "what do you want with me? murder? a foe? an ally?" she asked. he chuckled. "no, i just... now that laurel's gone, i'm free. i can be whoever i want to be. and i want to do it with you."

wednesday stared him down. "you want an ally? a partner in whatever you plan on doing?"

he nodded. "yeah, kinda. i've missed you. i had to keep an eye on you after what happened. and now we can finally leave this hell hole of a town, never come back."

the girl stared in horror. she didn't want to leave nevermore or jericho. she wanted to be back in her dorm with enid and friends with xavier, but she believed no one would come after her this time. she'd ruined it all.