11. see you soon

soon enough, it was time for the addams family and their guest to head back to new jersey.

xavier would stay one more night with the family back in new jersey before heading back to his own home for two weeks before another year at nevermore academy. wednesday still hadn't told him if she was going back next year, but he widely assumed so based off of their interactions over the summer.

wednesday didn't see xavier again at the party castle until it was time for them to be back in the car together. over sixteen hours together in a car ride and they hadn't talked about what happened at the centennial ball during the death parts us jubilee. what an interesting ride it was going to be.

once morticia, gomez, pugsley, wednesday, xavier, fester, and lurch had said their goodbyes, they all gathered out at the camper. wednesday stared up at the party castle. even though she disgustingly enough cared for her family, she hoped to never be there again. at least not with the same circumstances.
wednesday had been asked over one hundred different times in the past two days if she and xavier were dating. she prayed on her late scorpion's soul that her relatives hadn't bothered xavier with the same question.

"you gonna miss it?" xavier asked her, also looking up at its enormous height. the girl simply stared. "the place? yes. my relatives? no. they make me want to burn my feet off and cut my eyes out." a little chuckle escaped the boy's lips. "i certainly hope not. otherwise your archery will suck," he joked. wednesday looked over at xavier and glared. "my archery is perfect. i could shoot you with no eyes and no ears." he laughed, nudging her a little because he was so close. "ease up, wednesday. i'm joking."

flutter flutter. the evil bats were back. how  was wednesday supposed to live like this?! flutter flutter. she couldn't even look at xavier without feeling something.

instead of talking about her feelings, she went with a much quicker, more pleasurable option. punching xavier in the stomach!

"hey! what was that for?" the boy groaned. a smile spread across wednesday's lips. "for being yourself." at that comment, xavier leaned on her, making them both topple to the ground. "xavier, get off of me." she commanded, trying to push him away. why did he have to be so heavy?

wednesday found the only reason to be because he was so tall. feverishly annoyingly tall as to where he had to lean down to kiss her.
no. she couldn't be thinking about kissing him.
not again!

the two then found themselves tangled in each other's arms. xavier slowly tried to get up and recover from the punch, but as soon as he started getting up, wednesday kicked him in the shin, sending him down as she was standing up. a whole repetitive cycle.

"wednesday, xavier, what are you doing?" pugsley asked. from the angle at which he was standing, he looked like a giant. wednesday pushed xavier off of her shoulder and he got up, lending her a hand. she remorsefully took it, scowling at him.
then she turned back to her younger brother. "pugsley, we were having a wrestling match." she lied. "xavier is a perfect example." that made xavier smile, which then faded away. "of what not to do. never show chivalry to someone who can help themself." pugsley shrugged. "he's an archer. you can't really blame him for not knowing how to fight, sis."

xavier's jaw dropped in defense. "i know how to fight!" wednesday stared at him. "no, you know how to shoot arrows at magical pilgrims that end up in your fri- in your more- in-" she couldn't finish her sentence... she wanted to be more than friends with xavier.
wednesday took a deep breath, trying to clear her head. "you only know how to shoot arrows that end up in your f-friend's shoulder."

xavier gave her a look. "okay, that's not fair. i tried to help you after you got hit but you shooed me away like some kinda bug." wednesday blinked. "you can be a pest, xavier..." her voice halted for a moment. "but most of the time you're more than tolerable. likeable."

pugsley found wednesday and xavier's romantic banter annoying and walked away.

wednesday couldn't believe what she'd just said. she'd called xavier likeable. LIKEABLE.

xavier raised one of his eyebrows with a smirk. "oh, so i'm likeable now, huh?" gomez walked behind the two 'friends' and wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders. "come on, kids. it's time to go back to new jersey."

the next day, it was time for xavier to go home. all of his belongings were packed up and at the addams family's front door.

even though they'd spent a month together, wednesday didn't want xavier to go. she stared at him waiting in the living room for his 'uber' to arrive. he looked up and saw her staring. "hey," he smiled. she almost smiled back. flutter flutter flutter. then it turned into a frown. "stop moving," wednesday gritted through her teeth, talking to the bats in her stomach. xavier thought she had been talking to him. "wh- what?" he asked. wednesday was then back to staring at him. "not you," she told him. xavier made a face. "then who?" he asked.

wednesday walked over and sat next to him on the couch, but didn't face him. "you make my stomach upset. whenever i look at you, devious little bats fly around my stomach. i despise them." she told xavier. his entire face lit up with a cackle cracking out of his mouth. "you mean butterflies?"

wednesday's face darkened. "no. i mean bats. they are pestering little creatures." xavier turned to face her, slowly inching closer. "oh, yeah? do you know why you get them?" he asked.

"because of you," wednesday responded quick-wittedly. another smile from xavier.
she glared at him. "stop smiling. you're making them eat me alive."
xavier couldn't stop smiling.  "really? i thought you'd love that sensation."
wednesday found herself staring at him once more. "normally, yes. but not when it's because of.. r-ro-ro-" she stuttered. the word utterly disgusted her.

xavier's eyes met hers. "because of romance?" he asked, still smiling. wednesday simply nodded and looked away.
xavier didn't want to rush anything so he simply took her hand.

flutter flutter. flutter flutter.
the electricity was faster and more intense than it ever had been before.

ping xavier's phone buzzed. his uber was there. the moment was lost.

wednesday didn't want to let go of xavier's hand, so she didn't for a moment, and forgot that he would be able to tell. the boy nudged her with a cocky smirk on his face. "hey, wednesday, you're gonna have to let go," he told her. she let go immediately as he stood up.

xavier hesitated for a moment but then bent down and kissed the top of her head. "i'll see you soon, wednesday. text me, please. i wanna talk to you more."

to wednesday's dismay, she hadn't hated what he'd just done. said. her heart began faster than her brain and she quickly ran over and hugged xavier.

he was both shocked and touched by the gesure and hugged her back tightly immediately. "goodbye, xavier." she squeaked.

another head kiss. "bye, wednesday. don't forget to text me. i'm counting on it."