30. unslain demons

"what was that for?" xavier asked with a smirk.

wednesday then punched him in the gut. "mention this to anyone, and i will cut your throat and use your head as a coat rack."

he chuckled out a coarse laugh. "i'm sure you will. can i come in? i don't think it's super safe for you to be alone right now... with everything that's happened."

she stared at him and opened the door, gesturing for him to follow her inside. "if our dorm matron finds you in here, the blame falls on you."

xavier smiled and nodded. "of course, love. anything for you."

once they were inside, he asked, "do you wanna take a look at your writing? maybe it'll help your memory."wednesday looked at him strangely. "my writing?"

he pulled her over to her desk and sat down, giving her a little smirk. "you can sit in my lap if you want."

the girl found his comment repulsively unamusing. "if you spend the rest of your life trying to flirt with me, i will lock you inside a cell for the rest of your life until you become legally insane from no sunlight."

xavier gave her an unbelieving look. "you already locked me in prison once, there's no need to do it a second time."

wednesday continued to stare at him intensely. "if i remembered a thing, i would completely abolish your statement by defending myself. what do i write about?"

xavier shrugged. "i don't know, you've never shared it with anyone as far as i know." the girl looked up at him, puzzled. "you were my almost boyfriend, but i never shared what i wrote about?" he shrugged with a chuckle. "technically i was your boyfriend- twice." wednesday remained unamused. "i don't remember any of that."

[CLICK FLASH CLICK FLASH CLICK FLASH]

bursts of white flashed around the room, they were coming from outside.

the two friends blocked their eyes with their hands from the glare of the light.

"what the hell?!" xavier exclaimed.

"awe, it's wednesday and her boyfriend!" a familiar voice cooed.

xavier stood in front of wednesday, trying to protect her from whoever was being weird.

SLASH
someone's blood gushed onto the floor.

wednesday looked down at her leg, now in gut-wrenching pain.

something hard hit xavier in the front of the head and he fell to the floor unconscious.

"xavier!" she exclaimed, falling on her side, trying to help him. it was of no use.

wednesday gasped for air as something sharp, prickly, and nerve-activating sunk beneath the sink in her neck.

and then everything went black.

•••

•••

•••

•••

•••

•••

•••

•••

•••

•••

xavier awoke to a buzzing sound of something dangerous and fatal.

he only saw the back of a person. they wore a dark cloak, much like the nightshades, but he knew it couldn't be one of them.

wednesday awoke soon after. "xavier," she mumbled. "wednesday, are you okay?" he asked. "i think so. are you?"
xavier tried his best to focus on her voice to feel less anxious. "other than the constant pounding in my head, i'm great."

the dark figure turned around to face the two. "you both will suffer excruciating deaths for your sins against the people in this town."

wednesday's memory was more fuzzy than ever. it sounded like something she'd heard someone say somewhere before... but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"i know you," she said with a lack of emotion.

the figure stared at them both, still not revealing their identity. "yes. i know you too well. i should've expected your actions long ago. i was wrong to ever put faith in your kind."

xavier tried to move around, but it was pointless. he and wednesday were both tied to chairs back to back.

the figure brought out a long, beautifully shining butcher's knife. "i wouldn't try to move, mister thorpe. you have caused quite enough damage around here. not as much as your little girlfriend, though."

wednesday couldn't see the person, but they enraged her. she glared from the back of her head. "if you call me little one more time, i won't hesitate to rip every muscle from your body and slowly watch the color die. then the animals of the forrest will feed upon them in glory."

xavier couldn't help but let out a chuckle from being so impressed. "gosh, you really don't hold back, do you?"

the cloaked figure began to walk around them in a constant circular motion. "you should dump your wicked girlfriend if you're only finding that out now. she shows no mercy. neither do her friends."

neither xavier nor wednesday had a thing to say to that.

the figure looked at xavier, almost in the eyes, and continued ranting on. "do you remember how she put you in prison? she ruined your life, mister thorpe. don't be afraid to give up on her."

xavier struggled in his seat. "don't talk about her that way, you jackass! she had every right to believe i was the monster!"

the figure then looked at wednesday. "you should have kept him locked away from all society, miss addams. it would've dealt us all better hands."

"if i remembered why i locked him away, i would viciously destroy your argument. but it's brainless anyway since you are too afraid to show us your true skin." she snapped back.

the figure was clueless. "if you remembered? have you forgotten every thing you've ever done?" they scoffed.

wednesday looked down in embarrassment. "yes. my memory was taken."

the figure snorted. "and yet you still found your way back to this embarrassment of an outcast."

wednesday glared at the figure. "you are a condemnation to society. xavier is a wonderful person."

xavier glared daggers at the cloaked figure. "if you're really not afraid and ashamed, take off that cloak. show us who you really are."

the figure wasn't afraid. they took xavier's advice.

lifting the hood, a face was revealed.

wednesday stared. "you... you look so familiar. i know you... i... i've seen you before."

xavier was in horror of the familiar face.

"oh my fucking god. you're behind this?!"