Where Will You Go?

"Bye Happy!" Peter waved goodbye as Happy drove off. He never said it back but Peter knew he was already warming up to him. Early in the car Peter made a joke and a little bit of air came out of Happy's nose. In Peter's mind that was a win.

As Peter walked up his apartment stairs he couldn't help but worry. May told him that she wouldn't be getting home till late so when she texted he was nervous.

"Hey May!" Peter yelled closing the door.

"Oh hey sweetie." May popped out of the corner opening her arms to hug Peter. "How was your day?" She asked as she let go of him.

"It was good. I still can't believe that I get to say that I hung out with the avengers."

"Well you deserve it." May smiled.

"Haha yeah thanks May. So umm what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh honey. I think we should sit down."

When May said that Peter's heart dropped. He knew that couldn't mean good news.

After a couple steps they finally arrived in the living room and both sat down.

"Alright so you know that job I applied for?" May asked and Peter just nodded his head. "Well I got the job."

Peter was confused. Wasn't this a good thing?

"That's great May!" Peter hugged her. "But why are you so sad?"

"The thing is the job is in Arizona. They want me to go there to help immigrates that just came from Mexico and see if they have any health issues. They would be paying me triple then what I'm already making." May explained.

"Oh." Peter sighed. "That's great." Peter said with a smile.

The truth was, it was great. It's just Peter didn't know what that meant for him.

"You hate the idea." May scrunched up her nose. "You know what it's fine I won't take that job. Other people are willing to do it so it will be fine." May waved her hands in the air. "I'm making pasta for dinner." May started to speak as she got up.

Peter grabbed her hand and sat her back down.

"May I don't hate it. If it's what you want to do then you should do it. You would be helping a lot of people in need." Peter reinsured her.

"But where would you go?" May had that worried expression on her face that Peter always hated.

"I'll figure something out. Trust me May I'll be fine.

"Wait!" May's eyes lit up. "What if you ask Tony if you can stay with him. I'm sure he'll say yes."

"Ohh yeah let's not do that." This time Peter was the one to get up and leave.

"Peter." May followed him. "You know he will say yes. Plus it's not for that long."

"That's the thing. I know he will say yes. I'm just his intern I don't want to be a burden." Peter opened the fridge and took out a Dr. Pepper.

"Peter you will never be a burden ever."

Peter looked up at May and how could he argue. Even if he always felt like one he knew that May would never lie to him.

"Alright I'll ask him tomorrow after school." Peter gave in.

"Oh thank you Honey." May hugged Peter again.

Peter didn't want to ask but he would have done anything for her so he had to.

<><><><><><><>
It was the next day and Peter just got into the tower.

"Good afternoon Peter." FRIDAYS robot voice spoke.

"Hey FRIDAY." Peter waved at air since she wasn't a real person.

"Mr.Stark is in the living room." FRIDAY informed Peter.

"Great he's not alone." Peter sarcastically whispered.

"What was that Peter?" FRIDAY asked.

"Oh nothing." Peter started to walk over to the living room dreading the conversation that was soon to come.

When Peter walked in he saw everyone in the living room slash kitchen area. Of course the day Peter had to ask for something everyone would be in the room.

The first to look up was Tony.

"Oh hey kid. What's up." Tony popped a piece of candy in his mouth. After he said that everyone raised their heads to look too.

"Oh umm." Peter rubbed the back of his neck. Something he always did when he was nervous. "Not much I have a lot of homework to do so that's fun." Peter raised the pieces of paper that were in his hand up into the air.

"What class?" Tony asked.

"Well since I've already passed Spanish and French, my school wants me to learn Russian. To be honest I have no clue what I'm doing." Peter responded.

"Ooo you're learning Russian." Natasha got up out of her chair. "I can help if you want. Just don't ask Bucky for help, he's a bad teacher."

"Thanks Nat." Bucky said not looking up from his book. Peter has learned that Bucky liked to read. He seemed to be the only one that did enjoy it other then Peter which he found nice.

"Umm yeah sure if you want to teach me." Peter awkwardly smiled.

"Sure sounds fun. We can start right now." Natasha suggested.

"Uh no he's mine." Tony protested "He needs to be with me to work on a project."

"Tony don't be a baby. Peter can take a day off and learn something new. Plus what's more important your project that can wait or day, or Peter's grade that will slip if he doesn't do this?" Natasha squeezed Peter's shoulders both smiling stupidly.

"My project." Tony responded.

"Tony!"

"Fine fine. Take him." Tony said angry.

"Great let's go." Natasha guided Peter away from the living room.

"Where are we going?" Peter asked.

"Somewhere people wont be chewing in your ear or screaming every two seconds."

"Ok." Peter just decided that he would ask Tony about the whole staying over at the tower thing for later.

<><><><><><>
(A/N)
Ummm I'm a liar and haven't updated for like 2 months. Sorry babe I'm a wreck. Now I would say since it's winter break expect more chapters but that's a lie. Who knows when you will get a new chapter. SO SORRY FOR BEING A CRAPPY WRITER. Anyway just think of this as a late Christmas present. Also hope y'all had a great Christmas or for anyone who doesn't celebrate I hope that day was still good.

Anyway thanks for reading y'all mean the world to me so thank you 🙏.

Soooo bye ✌🏽

(PS once again didn't proof read so if there's mistakes sorry)