The Lizard

"I totally don't regret skipping school for that now." Peter had the biggest smile on his face.

It had been a week since Tony had blown up on everyone in the lab. Tony kept his word and took Peter on a well deserved trip to Mexico.

"I told you it was a good idea. This just proves further more that I'm the smart one." Tony smiled grabbing Peter by his shoulders.

"Yeah right." Peter laughed at Tony.

Tony truly felt bad for the kid. All Peter's ever been is sweet and for some odd reason Tony was the only one who could see that and trust him. It also didn't help that Natasha didn't trust Peter either. Tony would never admit it, but it really hurt him when Natasha said she was the one who got the DNA. He thought at least one person would be on his side and if not his then Peter's.

"But unfortunately it's back to the real world." Tony told Peter.

"I can't wait." Peter said with much enthusiasm.

"Your sarcasm is getting better." Tony was impressed.

"Thanks! I've been working on it." Peter was beaming with happiness. It killed Tony to see someone that he cared about so clueless. Peter sees everyone in the Tower as a friend and all they do is see him as a enemy.

Peter and Tony walked in the kitchen and dropped their bags off on the counter. Even though they were only there for a week, they each had three bags. Peter's filled with little trinkets and toys that he got from the local markets while Tony's was filled with exotic alcohol.

"God I'm starving." Peter looked all around the fridge.

"You literally just ate a full corse meal on the plane."

"Fast metabolism." Peter pointed to his stomach.

"Whatever." Tony brushed him off. "I'm making a sandwich, want one?" Tony offered.

"Was Yoda originally supposed to be a monkey in Star Wars?"

"Sorry I don't speak nerd."

"God you are so uncultured. Yes. It just means yes. And you so too are a nerd!"

"What ever you say." Tony started to assemble both of their sandwiches. As he got the bread out of the bag he looked over to Peter. He was leaning on the counter in front of him, but he was looking out the window. He looked like he was in deep thought so Tony decided not to break the silence that they were in.

When he was done they both sat down at the bar and ate their sandwiches. They talked about a new project Tony was working on at the moment for half a hour before someone walked in.

"Hey you guys are back!" Tony heard Steve talk to them. In all honesty it really pissed Tony off. The way Steve acts towards Peter. It's all just so fake.

"We just got in." Tony didn't even look away from his sandwich.

"Yeah it's was so fun! I never knew I wanted a lizard on my arm but turns out it's really cool." Peter continued to eat his sandwich with a smile on his face.

"Wait, you had a lizard on your arm?" Steve looked very confused while Tony laughed at the memory. It happened the first day they got there.

"Yup! We were walking around all the markets and some guy just came up to me holding a lizard and before I knew it, he was putting it on my arm. I got a really cool picture." Peter grabbed his phone out of his pocket to show Steve the photo. When he found it he jumped out of his seat and walked to Steve to show him.

"Wow. Must have been fun." Steve laughed at the photo. Tony wondered which picture Peter showed him. The first one where Peter looked terrified or the last one where he accepted the fact that there was a lizard on his arm and was laughing. Tony remembered both of these photos because he's the one who took them.