313: Beginning of Volume 3

Beginning of Volume 3

Chapter 313: I Would Know, I Have Seen Your End

Neji's job in this world of Naruto had ended, and he simply claimed this world as his own. Of course, many were against it but Neji didn't fret over such pesky details. Any of the displeased parties were free to challenge him or—when he would be gone—his representative, Tsunade, the 'Pope' of his religion and 'Empress' of this world.

Essentially, he was ready to leave this place behind; but as much as Neji wished to continue his journey to find the other four girls, unfortunately, his sponsor, Lady Luck, was occupied with something else entirely. That forced Neji to wait in this world for another week.

During this bothersome wait of his, the first thing that greeted him was not an attack from any of the world leaders, but rather it was a cute complaint from Kurai—his familiar cat who allegedly had been on a journey of her own.

Kurai claimed she had made some friends and enemies, though none of the latter remained in this world at this point. Her little complaint was about the princess of the Fire Nation, the daughter of the daimyo, Princess Azula, who told her to betray him and become her pet—the same capital offense Jashin was guilty of.

Neji was amused by her complaint more than the fact that an 'Azula' existed in this world. Seriously, he couldn't remember the last time such a thing happened since this proud kitty always took care of her own things—typically by burning their life force away, but that's not the point.

For that same Kurai to complain to him and demand justice, Neji couldn't have taken this matter lightly. He acted like any responsible father would and went to complain to the opposite party's father—the Fire Daimyo.

* * *

"Ah...ahaha—" The old Fire Daimyo paled when Neji appeared in front of him, whilst he was in a meeting with the other Daimyo and with the remaining Kages gathered in the same room. "This– ah–"

It was as clear as water to everyone else watching the scenario that this guy wasn't sure how to address Neji, or how to deal with this situation at all, which all made Kurai smile smugly.

To the Fire Daimyo, this Neji was a strong force who held the power to project his image across the entire world—by doing just that he had claimed to be the God of this world, that he owned the entire planet.

Akira Hideyoshi, the Daimyo, had lost his strongest protector, Konoha Village, and without them he was sure calling the guards on Neji would never work. So disrespecting him wasn't a choice. At the same time, Akira couldn't just refer to this brat quarter his age as 'Kami-sama!' while all the other Daimyos and the Kages were right there—he wasn't ready to bow down to this Neji in case the others didn't bow down as well, that'd be seen as a betrayal and the Fire Country would be labeled as losers.

Suddenly, a light bulb went off in the Daimyo's head.

'No... no... wait, instead of thinking that way... I am already doomed, one way or another, now that Konoha is gone. What if I were to submit to this new God first? Before the others do, I can be his first servant. We have been worshiping gods for ages anyway, it wouldn't change anything that much within the country.... Also, even if a rebellion happens in the near future, I and my country should have a better chance at survival by being under this guy than on the side of the other countries who would just rather push us around since we lack the manpower.'

Things fell more into place as he realized what Neji had said while entering the room.

'A punishment for my daughter... Hehe, isn't this perfect? Sorry, Azula... heh, but then again, should I really apologize for selling her to a God? That's the best thing a father can do.' The Daimyo decided that this should be the most profitable political marriage in the history of the Fire Country.