373: The Start (4)

Chapter 373: The Start (4)

"I need to go to Iraq. Book me a plane."

Neji sat in a restaurant, taking a bite out of a burger, as he told the girl sitting across from him.

"Cough-"

The blonde glasses-wearing girl choked on her coffee as she heard that. She grabbed a cup of water and poured the liquid down her throat, sighing after she calmed down.

"Iraq?! It's a warring state! Also, there is the new dungeon!"

"The dungeon is going to stay as it is for 30 days, yes? Only after that does the Dungeon Break occur."

Neji argued, but Lucille shook her head with a cup of coffee in her hand. She looked like a painting as the sun shone from the windows, illuminating her as she was wearing a turtleneck and skirt.

[Image Here]

"Uh-huh, no can do

"Uh-huh, no can do. You can't go there. Hey, why won't you even come with me to evaluate your Hunter Class? I think you are quite high-class given your fluid mana control, but it's better if we get an official result. Without knowing your class, and if it isn't at least S-rank, I can't let you go to Iraq."

Neji paused midway through his burger. He stared at her and sighed, his expression sad.

"I see... so you won't do this little for me..."

"H-hey! It's not about that! A-are you even listening to what I am saying?! You are such an emotional baby! I even got you discharged before time, and ugh, you say that... Fuuhh."

The girl crossed her arms and sighed. She stared at him and he stared back, their blue eyes matched in rhythm.

Lucille blushed slightly. "You know, I like your new eyes. I like how it matches with mine..."

She tilted her head to the side and gave him a gentle smile. Her expression went dreamy as she stared at him.

Neji maintained a bland expression.

Technically, he could just bring out his dragon wings and fly off to Iran. Well, it would be hard to locate it from above, now that he couldn't use his Jogan, but it wouldn't be impossible.

The problem was, he didn't want any attention drawn to him. That's also the reason why he didn't go to evaluate his hunter rank. This world had quite some fearful opponents, his research said.

Especially the SSS-Rank Hunters. They could level a continent, actually. Given that Neji couldn't use the majority of his powers, and he wasn't sure how much of his physical Stats he retained either, it's better to not draw useless attention. For all he knew, the Goddess may be able to use these Hunters to suppress him, if she noticed through their eyes that he was trying to explain.

For that reason, he needed a simple plane ticket.

"Fuuh..."

In the end, Neji sighed. If this Lucille girl couldn't help him, then, well, he had other conventions.