412: Teacher-to-Teacher (2)

Chapter 412: Teacher-to-Teacher (2)

A single classroom in Kuoh High School lit up for a brief moment, as a nine-tailed foxy woman appeared beside the teacher. Besides the real teacher, to be precise, because a clone of the exact teacher was continuing with class and the students too were paying attention to him, as if there was nothing odd going on.

In one corner of the classroom stood the real Neji, as Midnight –Nemuri Kayama– made her appearance after a flash of light. She blinked, looking at Neji, as she turned around to take a look around the classroom.

"...Japan?" she asked.

Her spiky purple-black hair flowed gently as she moved her head, and her new purple eyes observed the scene with serene curiosity. The nine tails behind her swayed as well, while her fox ears twitched every now and then. Her voluptuous figure, barely constrained by her maid dress, would have allured all the students if they weren't under a Genjutsu.

[Image Here]

Nemuri looked at the clone of Neji that was teaching the class

Nemuri looked at the clone of Neji that was teaching the class. "You're a teacher now? That's... funny. Everyone must be under a spell of some kind since they're not looking at us."

"They are," Neji told her, he didn't add anything else.

He was unsure how to take this conversation; the last time they made up, she cried in his arms back when Heaven I in Naruto was a flying fortress. Then he sent her away to the Arcane Plane with two other girls. Now... he was a bit different than before, he was unsure how to lead this talk.

Midnight noticed it, sadly. She stared at his face and licked her dry lips in tension. "You didn't have to meet me right now when you're taking a class. There isn't really a particular reason I am here for."

"It's fine." He could have guessed that. There was no reason for her to come here, other than...

"I just... wanted to check up on you, you know?" She fidgeted as she admitted it, rubbing her left arm with her right hand as she looked away. "You came to meet Raven a few days ago, I took a peek back then. You look... you don't look good recently."

Neji smiled. She was just here to see him? That felt oddly touching. Their chemistry from the academy was gone now, but for a moment he saw hints of that back on her face again. Also, she didn't want to say he looked depressed.

"Well, things happened." Neji shrugged.

She looked into his eyes, hesitating. "Do you want to talk about it? It's strange... You are a teacher now, I have no idea how much time has passed for you, it may be years or months, but... I still consider myself your Sensei. So if you need someone to talk to, I am here."

Neji didn't want to talk about it. What'd talking about it even do? It won't solve the problem. He was stuck with this and he had to solve it himself.

"Ah, I don't think I want to talk about it. But we can talk about other stuff. It's Japan, you know; we can roam around a bit if you want." He said as she stared at him.