314: Tale of the Strongest Mortal

Chapter 314: Tale of the Strongest Mortal

Abstract Entities were the strongest force in the Omniverse, there was close to no other match for their authority within the cube. It was so because they were the personifications of the different concepts of the Omniverse, something most God or Mortal could do nothing but obey.

Of the classes that existed within this batch of entities, the official highest one was the Class-1 Abstracts—numbering few, as they were the personifications of the most important concepts.

[Contessa Fate – Abstract Entity – Tier Indecipherable]

This redhead in front of Neji, as gorgeous as Antares the star, was one such being, holding unfathomable powers in her fingertips.

Fate, Future, Destiny—and who knew what else was this woman the symbol of? Now, this same person warned him to say goodbye to the most helpful person he had the chance to encounter in this life.

As a thoughtful older sister, Fate wanted Neji to stay away from Luck, with good reasoning behind her words, which made Neji speechless for long.

"...Sorry, but I can't do that," was the answer that Neji came up with after a long minute of thinking.

If it were him from before when he fought the Prime Gods, Neji wouldn't have needed a minute to say this. He might even have talked back to this woman, insulted her for suggesting such a thing, but now he knew better—he knew her words were on point, that he might actually bring down Luck with him in the worst-case scenario.

However, even while knowing that, he couldn't help but say no to Fate's face.

"I cannot continue my rescue mission without her help, the Omniverse is too big for me to search for my girls on my own. It'd take ages; ages that I can't spare since some of them might be going through hell as we speak." Neji explained in a voice much gentler than what he was used to using.

"And what if this selfishness brings Luck down with you?" Fate said, her arms crossed, as she looked into his eyes with no change in emotion. "Have you ever thought of that? Well, now that I have proposed the question to you myself—let me give you the answer too. The answer to that question, according to destiny that I have authority over, is that you indeed die and bring my little sister down with you. The odds are so much higher compared to your survival that it's not even laughable."

Neji said nothing, and she used the silence to turn around and walk to the table near her, running a finger down the glass of the table as she continued to speak.

"The Gamer System is a power with authority beyond almost all other beings. It's one of the only things that allow a mortal to reach the peaks of Abstract Entities and beyond because it's a thing made by beings much stronger than the said Abstracts, outsiders with powers that don't make sense. Yet, it's a thing that has been frowned upon since the 1st Gamer's shenanigans." Fate turned around to look at Neji, "To tell you the truth, not just the gods in Prime, but a lot of beings inside the Cube want you dead just because you are succeeding the first Gamer."

Noting Neji's silence, Fate continued with an indifferent expression. "So besides the Primordial God and his subordinates, you have many others to worry about; many who are prominent figures inside the Cube, those who would be—and some already are—quite enraged if they find out one of the top Abstracts is sponsoring your journey." Fate said. "Why else do you think an Abstract Entity, classing on the level of the Omniverse, got a 250 years increase in punishment just because she scared some puny little Gods of a desolate universe the likes of Naruto?"

Fate walked back to Neji, standing right in front of him. She was tall, her height matched his 6"5 self as she put a finger on his chest, rolling it gently when she began to speak.