[474] Away, and Departure

Chapter 474: Away, and Departure

It was a decent power, considering the mental boons it provided, and he even earned a few thousand Endurance Stat from Lady Life thanks to the [Life Force Absorption] side of the Tale.

But overall, wasn't it pretty useless during fights and wars? Neji was dying to unlock something that'd help him in real battles.

"From what I know," he braided her hair while she spoke. "The fastest way to access an already earned Fable is to retrace it with a similar action. For example, since you've been a 'manwhore' all your life, this Tale responded exactly when you were being a manwhore again - by sleeping with me."

When he remained silent, she giggled and added, "You said this 'System' of yours mentioned you have 8 Tales, right? First of all, that's a lot of Tales for someone as young as you. If you can guess what the other seven might be, we can try recreating those scenarios and quickly access them."

One, he was sure, came from fighting a few hundred Prime Gods as a mere mortal. That couldn't be recreated right now since there was no army of Prime God nearby. As for the others, he had no lead. What could they possibly be?

'Sisty, can't you give me a list of what the other 7 Fables are?' he asked.

[Unfortunately, that needs Admin access. I can't view them myself, Master. I'm sorry for being so... useless as always.] Sisty sounded down.

Speaking of, he hadn't had a conversation with her yet about their clash with SBOP. Well, it wasn't really a 'clash', the entity basically bullied the poor girl, but Neji hadn't thought she'd be so worried about it.

'It's not your fault, Sisty.' he tried.

Her voice rang out like a song of sorrow and guilt in his head, [It is. I should have been able to guess this as the System spirit. How could I not have wondered why my host has restrictions from the previous host? If I deduced the truth, things might have been different.]

He smiled at her, 'It's just how things are. I don't blame anybody, so it's weird if you blame yourself. I'll be sad if you remain sad. Materialize in front of me.'

There was silence, and Lady Life turned her head to look at his face, as he had been silent for an extended period. A moment later, a light shimmered in front of them.

Sisty formed in front of them, her hair black and dyed golden just like Neji. She looked away, too ashamed to meet his eyes even if she had listened to his order.

"Huh," Lady Life blinked. "Who's this?"

[Peak of Artificial Intelligence, I guess. A Soul Ai. She's a copy of my consciousness, so I see her as my twin.] Neji said to Life, and looked at Sisty. [Can you speak?]

She opened her mouth, but no sound came out. She sighed and the same text clouds formed over her head, [No, sorry...]

Lady Life realized when Neji was silent just now and smiling in the air, he must have been talking to her in his head. She got up from between his legs and hugged her, "The aunt of my future children? How nice, how nice. And your existence is so interesting."

Sisty seemed awkward at first, but she eased up and smiled.

* * *

A few days later, Neji had a solid guess about one of his Tales. So naturally, he also guessed how to get access to it.

Lady Life slept on his arms comfortably after he had deliberately tired her out. The two lay on the bed while he gently patted her hair. His expression, however, was far from gentle.