329: Annihilation and Revelation

Chapter 329: Annihilation and Revelation

Far from Ur, in Uruk, Neji was getting busy in the early morning. It was a demonic beast attack.

He didn't need sleep, but he took a nap anyway since Salia fell asleep with him. He was woken up by a blushing Siduri; she screamed that it was an emergency and action needed to be taken.

Gilgamesh didn't take part in this sort of fights, his Mana was required to be preserved for any greater threat. He just ordered the actions needed to be taken, and his soldiers followed those orders. Each demonic beast was weak enough to be taken down by a group of soldiers, and that's usually what happened in these attacks, as it happened nearly every day.

"Not today," Neji said as he flew to the battlefield himself, floating over the border of Uruk, and multiplying with Omnipresence. "Everyone back off, I will take over for today."

At this side of the border that was being attacked, countless Nejis appeared hovering over it. A second later, Sisty flew to his side and began to multiply himself.

"I can take care of this myself," Neji said.

"I know, I just wanna know what it feels like to shoot lasers from my eyes." Sisty argued.

"Fair," Neji shrugged. "You take the left, the right is all mine."

Sisty nodded, and her eyes focused on the thousands of demonic beasts running at them. As the beasts approached the borders, as they passed an imaginary line, both of them activated [Dark Vision]. As it was a part of his Void-Mancer Class, it wasn't affected by the debuff, and therefore shot out in full power. Two thin beams of void laser left the eyes of both Neji and Sisty and their Omnipresent copies.

Shiinggg!

Even the ground was cut, the monsters shriveled into pieces, as the beams moved in lines to slice everything into a mess. The monsters didn't stop their surge, they were mindless artificial beasts, so they continued running towards the borders, to their deaths where the beams cut them into a million parts.

Shiinggg! – Shiinggg! – Shiinggg!

The sound of sharp energy cutting through wet flesh along with the smell of burnt meat—both filled the area as Neji and Sisty brought hell to the face of earth.

* * *

While the Goddesses were busy in Ur, Salia just woke up in the bed of the King back in Uruk.

Rubbing her eyes as sunlight washed over her face, Salia yawned and then froze. The reality that this was Neji's bedroom, and the scent of sex, blinded her senses for a split second.

"...Greatest night ever." Salia admitted with a small blush. "Ahm, where is Neji now?"

Shiinggg!

Salia abruptly turned to a distant noise. As the windows of this room were huge, she could see the borders that circled this city. Her eyes shone and widened at the scene that was happening there.

Dark lines of energy shot outwards from the eyes of hundreds of Nejis who were floating above the border. Hotter than a laser, all the beams cut through whatever that was on the other side of the border, as screams of pain and grief filled the sky.

It all lasted just a minute; the screams and all else died out and the Nejis stopped their beams. Smoke came out of their eyes, visible from even this far, and slowly all the clones merged together, like a mirage, which left only two of them.

"...."

Salia took a deep breath and released it. She really scored out her luck with this, didn't she? Such a godly man...