494: The Looming Battle

Chapter 494: The Looming Battle

"So according to my prediction," Contessa Fate said as she pushed her back further into his arms. Birds sang outside, the large windows showing a greenery scene outside, with white curtains covering the walls and a gentle wind filling the room. "He should find out about his daughter's true culprit about now. If we go by his past actions and personality, he should be rushing to Cube to find you now."

"I see."

"Yeah," she brought a cigarette close to her lips and let out a puff of smoke. An odd and complicated sense of dread was clouding her heart.

Just a few decades ago, she'd have been delighted. She'd have wanted Primordial to come and slay this arrogant man behind her, who was holding her with his strong arms and breathing down on her neck. But now... she didn't know. She felt scared of what would happen to him when the fight would actually happen.

It's not as if Prima wasn't strong. He was. He was one of the strongest to have ever lived in the history of the Cube Omniverse. But, going by the record... the Primordial was the strongest in both worlds. There was no argument or narrative around it, the Primordial God was the strongest.

He has zero history with defeat in the eons he's been alive for.

No matter how strong his opponent was, the answer was singular.

The Primordial God cannot lose. He has never, and he will never. He's unbeatable.

"Hey," Contessa Fate threw the cigarette away and turned her head to look at him. "Can't we just... leave in isolation and avoid confronting him? What is the point of this fight anyway? Even if you win..." she said to persuade him, "the Omniverses will be driven to chaos, trying to fill the power gap, and our lives won't be... as fun. Can't you reconsider?"

"It's impossible," he whispered to her ears with a sigh. "If this is where I meet my end, then be so. There are things that you don't know, things I can't tell you even if you ask me to, otherwise you'd have understood. I'm sorry."

"...."

"I've been planning this for a long time," he admitted. "This is the final act. Even if I win or lose, my next state... it'd be the same."

"What does that mean?"

"You'll see." He turned her face and kissed her on the lips, "Sorry you I got you tangled in this emotional turmoil. This would have been easier if you still hated me."

She groaned but said nothing. She pulled his face and kissed him again, as the two of them lost themselves in lovemaking once more.

* * *

"The Primordial God was seen in the Western cosmos," Kimi yawned as she reported to everyone who sat in the living room, calmly enjoying tea except for Ra. "He clashed with the Frontline General who was positioned there, and naturally, he won the battle and was seen advancing further inside."

"I presume the Cube entities are unaware of what he's up to, taking action himself?" Lady Life asked, sitting on the couch, with her hands playing with Ra's root-like hair who sat on the ground.

Kimi nodded in agreement, and Anodi chuckled nervously, "So this is actually happening, I am speechless."

"You'll be safe," Godmother said, again looking like an old lady nowadays. "His target is Prima. If Prima wins, he wins, and if he doesn't, we don't step in. After all, if he can't win, we can't make any differences ourselves."

"You're quite humble when it comes to the Primordial, Godmother," Neji looked at her and said, as her wrinkled lips formed a thin smile.

"He's the firstborn of both realities, his powers are unquestionable. He can never kill me, nobody can, but that doesn't give me enough reason to discard his dangers." She admitted.