478: The Source of Creation

Chapter 478: The Source of Creation

'The future has changed once again,' Neji thought as he shot across the sky, running from a woman who had been chasing him for the last few days.

When he received the Level 10,000 quest, it mentioned the Northern Demon King, which meant he should have been alive till that time. But, now, he was dead.

'Is this a change big enough to matter?' he wondered even as his speed increased.

"Hey, slow down!"

He decided to discard these thoughts and focus on running. The voice that called for his name sped up too, grunting slightly.

Activating his Jogan, he saw his pursuer one more time.

It was an alien woman of a dark purple, humanoid shape. She was a being made out of pure mana and from her head, radiated a stream of glowing bright pink energy which resembled hair. She didn't have any externally visible ears, nose, or lips, nor did she wear any clothing. She only had two sharp white spots in place of her eyes.

[Anodi the 27th – Anodite – Peak Class 4]

Yeah, he wasn't going to hear her out.

She had approached him out of nowhere when he was eating noodles in a higher-realm cultivation world. She said his name, "Prima", even though he was wearing a disguise, and asked him to come with her for a talk.

Neji fled the scene instead.

He didn't know anyone here to make them approach him, not out of goodwill anyway. He had killed many strong beings in the last year, so he had only made enemies out of those being's family and friends.

Although he didn't remember picking a fight with anyone of her kind, he couldn't take the risk.

"Ugh, dammit," she yelled as she closed up the gap. "What is up with those wings of yours, they're too fast!"

Indeed he was fast, each clap of his wings took him through a dozen universes. His surroundings were a blur of light, with the only company being the alien behind him.

His stats were all-time high, as he stood at Level 25,690 now. Along with that, all his Voidmancer and Lumpmancer powers have increased too. Although the number of skills hasn't increased, their powers sure have.

He had also never stopped earning small or big Divinities every 500 Levels, so he had been growing stronger by a lot.

"Haah, I was told to not reveal this unless necessary, but," she was panting now. Neji himself wasn't in very good shape, but he was surely faster than her — at least now that he had spammed Boost a lot of times. "The Godmother sent me! I'm here to help! Slow down and let me help you, dammit!"

Neji stopped in his tracks, turning to her, as she crashed into his chest.

Normally, a collision at this speed would leave nearby universes exploding, but the "range" of his Nigh Omnipotence had been going up all this time. So he stopped the aftermath with a thought.

Neji grabbed her by the shoulders, not threateningly, and looked into her pure white eyes. She was quite small, about 5", so he looked like a bear holding her. [Are you sure you're not lying?]

"Y-yes?" The woman cleared her throat, withdrawing her face backward as he was too close. "First, let me go. Tell me where you want to go, and I'll take you there."

* * *

Although Neji already knew her name thanks to Observe, she had the courtesy to introduce her anyway. Anodi the 27th, the number part of her name was thanks to her royal heritage, as she let Neji know.