Chapter 203

Wang Huai didn't follow when Xiao Li parted ways with Wen Wenwen and the others. The reincarnators couldn't take Xu Jiaheng to find a house so he offered to stay in the house and take care of Xu Jiaheng.

At that time, the boy hesitated for a long time. He laid on the sofa and was absent-minded. There was a problem with his mother and this was already enough for him to feel helpless. He originally thought that he could find support but even one of these foreigners had died...

Does this mean that they didn't have the ability to stop the ghost at all? He couldn't help but let his gaze drift to the upper floor. This was the place where He Tian had died. Wang Huai was inside the room, unwilling to let go of any corner to find a clue.

Xu Jiaheng had asked him about it and Wang Huai's explanation was that he wanted to find clues to see who killed He Tian. He looked at the search action of the other party and felt a bit strange. Then he saw the corpse on the bed and hid back in the living room.

In fact, thinking about it carefully, he trusted these people too hastily. Was he too rash?

Xu Jiaheng bit his finger until the dead skin was bitten off. Then he picked up his phone and started to call his neighbour and deskmate. He decided to tell her what had happened recently and listen to her thoughts.

As he typed, he felt that all the breakfast he ate in the morning was digested. He got stomach cramps and quickly headed to the toilet with his mobile phone. After Xu Jiaheng went to the toilet, Wang Huai walked down the stairs. He searched the sofa first then touched the furniture in front of him inch by inch before finally stopping near the TV. He touched a protruding object and with a bit of effort, he removed it from the cabinet and placed it in his pocket.

Then Wang Huai went back upstairs again. He adjusted his suit, took the task book from He Tian and placed the item on it.

Unlike Sherlock, who didn't like to use items, Wang Huai was very familiar with the items in the mall. He guessed that He Tian must've used some type of item that caused the dead-end to be triggered in advance. Therefore, he always took the opportunity to look for it.

The moment he saw the camera, he knew what it did.

Once the scrapped task book came into contact with the camera, a screen appeared. Wang Huai stared at the screen for a while before closing the task book heavily.

***

On the other side, Xiao Li finished speaking in one breath and gave Mother Xu some time to think about the story he told. In fact, he wasn't saying it to Mother Xu before him but the 'ghost behind the scenes.' Unfortunately, he didn't see the others' existence.

Xiao Li tried to intensify his ridicule. "I suggest you to update your thesaurus or retake the Chinese language course."

Mother Xu opposite him seemed to be stunned. He couldn't believe her ears as she stood in place and stared carefully. Her eyes were a bit cross-eyed. A long time passed before she regained her voice. "I don't understand what you are saying."

"...Okay, then I won't bother you."

Xiao Li waited a while but didn't see the black figure. He realized that he couldn't squeeze out any secrets from Mother Xu in front of him. Thus, he looked at the windows of the neighbours on both sides, raised his hand and made a 'goodbye' gesture.

...He really looked like a polite guest-although this guest almost caused Mother Xu to stomp her foot from anger. He walked very easily. Mother Xu looked angry but she didn't intend to catch up and intercept Xiao Li. She just stood there, watching the teenager's back along with the two faces in the window.