Chapter 229

"The welcome party is about to begin. All prisoners, leave the room and came to the lift platform within 10 minutes."

"Repeating again. The welcome party is about to begin. All prisoners, leave the room and came to the lift platform within 10 minutes."

The sudden broadcast at night interrupted the actions of everyone in the prison.

This voice wandered everywhere in the adjudication prison and wasn't like the ordinary broadcast in reality. It was more like an echo with some type of spiritual power, leaving no corner of the prison untouched until everyone received the news and walked through the passage to the lift platform.

The man who committed suicide and fell to his death on the life platform had disappeared. No one had cleaned it up. In one second, the reincarnators saw the body from above. The next second, the body disappeared on the platform like it had melted. It was cleaned by some force.

The lift platform was large enough to hold several times as many people as those who were currently standing on it. Xiao Li stood in the middle. He had changed his clothes and was wearing the coat given by Shen Chenzhi. The neckline was pulled up and covered him tightly.

Wang Huai walked up to him and looked at him. "You took a shower? You are very idle."

Xiao Li ignored him. He huddled up in Shen Chenzhi's coat and waited for the next instructions from the broadcast. He hadn't felt it before wearing it. Now that he wore the coat, Xiao Li found that Shen Chenzhi was a lot taller than him. His fingertips just touched the sleeve and...

He sucked in a breath. This coat was full of Shen Chenzhi's smell.

In addition to Xiao Li's group, Moss' group, the three old prisoners on the same floor as them and Lian Susu were present. All three waves of newcomers were here.

The broadcast rang out again. "All prisoners have arrived. The welcome party has officially begun."

"Welcome to the adjudication prison. Prisoners, please defend yourself against the crimes you have committed. A certain amount of artistic processing can be done but everything you say will become a testimony in the court."

"During the narration process, the most popular live broadcast room will receive a pass to enter the library for an hour."

During the broadcast's explanation, the lift platform that was originally looking up at the major passages from the bottom level rose slowly. It was like a hand was holding it up from the bottom. Finally, it stopped in mid-air.

Such a height allowed the people on the lift platform to more intuitively bath in the 'gazes' of each room. They could detect the gazes of the jailers but they couldn't see the jailers.

Was this the so-called welcome party?

'It is a bit different from what I imagined but it is reasonable,' Xiao Li thought.

The first person to stand up was Yu You. He raised his hand to the sky and his eyes were inexplicably excited. "I'll come first. I know, I'm not guilty!"

Black smoke floated from his mouth and almost encased the rest of the group.

It was the fourth day since he had entered and he could feel his internal organs burning. Black smoke was creeping along his stomach and coming out of his throat. Under such endless torture, his mood was on the verge of collapse.

"This isn't a defense. It is just a statement." Yu You spoke loudly like he was venting his emotions. "Listen carefully. I wasn't born into a good family. I was from the country and my mother gave birth to seven daughters before me. This obviously shows how hard it was for me. It took me a lot of effort to come to the city. I studied hard and finally became the class monitor. I caught the beauty of our class and we got married. You don't know how much they envied me."