Chapter 217

However, Xiao Li knew this type of love was very difficult to last for a long time. It was like a fiercely burning fire and would always be extinguished. Only ashes would be left after it burned. It was always difficult for humans to maintain eternal passion.

Zheng Yi couldn't quite understand the words so he couldn't help asking, "What isn't enough?"

Xiao Li retracted his gaze, took the last sip of Coke and threw the empty cup into the trash can not far away. "Nothing."

Zheng Yi muttered a few words in a low voice. He originally wanted to wait for Shen Chenzhi to come back to say hello. Then he looked down at his watch and found that the appointment time with his friend was approaching. He had to say to Xiao Li, "Xiao Li, I'll go first. I'll contact you on WeChat next time."

Xiao Li nodded slightly, said goodbye and watched him leave.

Not long after Zheng Yi left, Shen Chenzhi came over. He was holding a cup of milk tea in his hand and he handed it over to Xiao Li.

This was the milk tea that had become popular on the Internet in recent days. Just queuing up for it took ages. Xiao Li hadn't calculated the exact time but he knew this person had been in line for at least half an hour.

Xiao Li didn't speak and looked at the bag in his hand. "Where is yours?"

Shen Chenzhi squeezed Xiao Li's ear and chuckled. "I don't like to drink sweet things."

He had lined up for so long because Xiao Li had taken a longer look at this milk tea store brand.

Shen Chenzhi's physical fitness was very good. He had been in line for so long but his forehead wasn't sweating at all. He still looked like he just came from home.

Such intimacy made Xiao Li a bit uncomfortable. However, his heartbeat sped up slightly when he saw the nice smile on the other person's face. He remained silent as he took the cup of milk tea and took a sip. The taste was mellow and the sweetness seemed to come from the bottom of his heart.

Shen Chenzhi turned to look at him. "Where do you want to go?"

Xiao Li bit the straw and replied without raising his head, "Go and see the cat I am fostering at the pet hospital."

"Cat?"

"Yes." Xiao Li explained, "I picked it up the day I met with Wang Huai. Its foot was injured and it is being treated in hospital."

Shen Chenzhi's eyes grew darker like a layer of cold ice was quenching the beautiful, coloured glass. "After it is healed, do you want to raise it?"

He paused before continuing in a dangerous voice, "Don't you already have a cat? Do you want to raise another one?"

His tone sounded dangerous but he took into account the young man in front of him and wrapped the scabbard around the deadly blade.

Xiao Li replied, "I have no intention of raising it. I plan for it to be adopted."

This little white cat was different from the black cat. The black cat was a plot creature who could be taken out at any time when entering the dungeon. Meanwhile, the white cat was just an ordinary cat. It might not be good for its body if it was brought back to stay with ghosts at home all day.

-Although the kitten was really cute.

Shen Chenzhi was silent for a moment. "I'll go with you. I also want to see the cat."

Xiao Li couldn't find a reason to refuse. The two of them left the mall and Shen Chenzhi drove to the pet hospital.

Xiao Li arrived at the pet hospital and found the little white cat kept in a foster cage. It was wearing an Elizabethan collar, not in line with its body and the cat's head was bowed in a mournful manner.