Chapter 232

Fortunately, the time to turn off the lights could never be changed by the human's will. Darkness swept in and the only remaining light was swallowed in an instant. The sudden emotions lasted less than five minutes before being interrupted by the black shadow coming towards him.

The jailer's footsteps were steady. 'It' patrolled here and turned to look at Xiao Li. Xiao Li didn't look at 'it' at all. He maintained his original posture and didn't look at 'it' at all. He could only vaguely feel the pause in the footsteps but he still felt sleepy.

This drowsiness was so ferocious that he fell into a deep sleep again without struggling. Before going to sleep, Xiao Li thought that if the jailer could be taken out, it would probably be the gospel of many contemporary insomniacs.

***

"I'm sleeping so well in the instance world but another impulse torments me."

Ye Zeqing poked at the tomato scrambled eggs with his chopsticks. He was much better mentally compared to the listlessness that ordinary reincarnators would have but he was gasping heavily.

The moment he woke up this morning, he was unable to restrain his urge to run. He rushed out of the room and ran from the level where the reincarnators were to the platform below. Then he ran back and so on, repeatedly. It seemed that after running a whole marathon, this urge was controlled within the range where he could stop.

The price was that his legs were now aching and his throat was dry from gasping. There was still a lot of food left in front of Ye Zeqing but Wang Huai had eaten everything on his plate. Not even a grain of rice was left and he still wanted to add more rice.

His punishment was hunger and he couldn't fill up his hunger no matter how much he ate. He stared at the plates of the others with bright eyes but he still restrained his impulse. However, if time dragged out a bit longer, Wang Huai felt like he might impulsively eat the leftovers and then the soap.

This wasn't good. The punishment dealt by the adjudication prison was more desperate than the ghosts that were visible to the naked eye. There didn't need to be too many ghosts here and even the jailers didn't need to be strong. There was no need to watch the prisoners. As long as the prisoners were in the prison, they couldn't escape the punishment imposed by the ruling.

The prisoner would watch themselves die little by little unless they could endure the torture until the end of their sentence or they escaped from prison. This was the choice given by the task. Everyone present was punished to a considerable extent, including Xiao Li. He felt that his shoulders were as heavy as carrying a big bag to travel. Still, it was within the range that he could bear.

Setamon pushed the rest of the plate away and laid her bent arms on the table. In order to avoid being heard by the jailer, she asked everyone to remove their brooches and used a silence item. This type of item could create an enchantment so that only people within a specified range could hear her words and see her actions.

She said, "Based on the approximate timing, the next batch of newcomers will enter the prison this afternoon, close to evening. At that time, the prison door should open. We need to be waiting nearby."

"I have an item." Wang Huai wiped his mouth with a towel he had brought and took out a pair of binoculars from his task book. "Binoculars, the owner was a thief, a voyeur and a maniac. He often used this to peep at the beauty on the other side of the building taking a shower. It can be used to monitor movements in the distance and can see through obstacles such as walls. The distance limit is one kilometre."

"Very good. The only question we have now is how to distract the jailers." Setamon took out a marker she carried and drew a map directly on the cafeteria table. "In fact, I have always found it very strange. Apart from feeling them at the welcome party, they only patrol every night. At other times, it is like the jailer doesn't exist."