Chapter 220

Xiao Wu unlocked the bolt of the iron door from the inside. At the same time, she turned her body sideways to let the reincarnators enter. Xiao Li held the iron door before Ye Lingshi and he raised his volume a bit. It wasn't on an annoying level but it wasn't as mild as before. "What will happen if we really wake up your parents?"

Xiao Wu's smile disappeared. "They will be angry. Don't let them be angry."

"Will they drive us out if they're angry?"

Xiao Wu turned around in a noncommittal manner and pushed open the hidden wooden door.

The light ghost had hidden in Xiao Li's pocket long before Ye Lingshi had even sent a message to Xiao Wu and it was replaced with the light from the mobile phone. At this moment, the light from the mobile phone shone into the room behind the girl and the old-fashioned floor could be seen. There were many scratches but no dust. Obviously, there were people living inside.

Ye Lingshi made eye contact with the two big shots and decided to go in.

The interior of this old, dilapidated house was very small. There were two bedrooms and one living room. The presence of the sofa and dining table meant that it was crowded with no place to stand.

The door of the master bedroom was closed tightly while a side door was ajar. A dim light shone from it and they could vaguely see the appearance of a girl's room. A laptop was placed on the desk and quilts were randomly scattered on the bed. The floor was covered with carpet.

There were five people in the group. Xiao Li didn't sit while the remaining four filled the sofa, with Wang Huai sitting on the outside.

Xiao Wu had turned on the night light in the living room. This night light was very dim and could only serve as a small illuminator. It wasn't as bright as the light from the mobile phone screen She went to the kitchen and within minutes, she came out with a plate that had six glasses of water on it.

Xiao Wu handed the cups to the reincarnators one by one. Wang Huai took it first. By the time it reached the last cup, Xiao Wu didn't leave it for herself. Instead, she placed it on the other side of the table.

Xiao Li was leaning against the table and he turned his head to look. The water in the transparent glass rippled before soon calming down. Wang Huai was holding his own glass of water. The skull ring on his finger flashed with a dark light. He pointed to the last glass of water and asked, "Miss Wu, that cup of water isn't for you?"

"No," Xiao Wu said. "It is for another person."

Ye Lingshi asked tentatively, "Is someone else coming to your house?"

"No."

She didn't explain her intentions. She just glanced at the master bedroom and still lowered her voice. "What else do you want to ask?"

Neither Wang Huai nor Xiao Li spoke. Ye Lingshi was the first to open his mouth. "Do you know that author?"

"I have been added to his reader group," Xiao Wu answered. "Zui Tian might reply to some comments but he basically doesn't speak in the group and there is no other contact information. I haven't talked to him and he never replied to my comment after he stopped updating."

Ye Lingshi asked again, "You haven't made contact in reality?"

"No."

"Then after reading that novel, have you encountered anything strange?"

Xiao Wu really thought about it. Then she kept her head lowered and replied, "No."

Wang Huai was sitting facing the door of the master bedroom and he suddenly interjected. "You let us in. Aren't you afraid of waking up your parents?"