Chapter 233

Ye Zeqing rushed forward.

He took the lead and thought about rushing out first. He didn't even look at the appearance of the people who came in. He used all his strength to slam into the shoulders of the newcomer in front of him, wanting to get out through the door.

Ye Zeqing could already see the scenery outside the prison door. It was a sunset glow looming on the horizon. It would be fine as long as he took two more steps. He was just about to take a step when his left leg suddenly became extremely heavy.

His thoughts gradually became chaotic and an unstoppable drowsiness hit him. He started to fall asleep uncontrollably like a social animal who hadn't slept for three consecutive days. He lost control of his legs and moved face down toward the ground.

Before losing his mind completely, Ye Zeqing struggled to turn his head, avoiding hitting the ground with the back of his head as he forced his eyes open. A second before he lost consciousness, he finally saw the jailer's face.

It wore a pure black cloak. Its head was round and its eyes were big, but it had no eyeballs. Only hollow eye sockets were inlaid on the face. The coiled blood threads didn't remain in the eye sockets but were 'nailed' like stitches outside the eye socket. It seemed to rely on these blood threads to maintain the position of the eye sockets. The red lines wrapped around the eye sockets and fluttered behind its head.

In addition, its mouth was like a thin line without any lips. Its fingers were thin and full of wrinkles. The direction it was facing was-

Moriarty.

In a second, he fell into darkness.

***

He didn't know how much time had passed. Ye Zeqing clutched his forehead and woke up from his sleep.

His entire body was sore, especially his legs. The aftereffects of excessive running was revealed. He found that he was lying close to the entrance but the door that had been opened by the newcomers had disappeared again, turning into a flat wall.

Ye Zeqing gritted his teeth and used his arm to rise from the ground. Beside him were Zheng Yi and Park Heesoon still lying on the ground. Xiao Li and the others had woken up first.

"It failed?" Ye Zeqing staggered a few steps. He tensed his leg muscles, leaned against the wall and barely managed to speak to Xiao Li.

Xiao Li looked him up and down before suddenly grabbing his arm.

"What's going on?" Ye Zeqing was dazed.

He followed Xiao Li's gaze and found a circle of scars on his wrist.

The scar looked strange. Judging from its shape and distribution, it looked like traces of being handcuffed over the years. However, once he touched it with his fingers, it felt like a sharp thin blade had cut around in a circle and then it scabbed over.

Ye Zeqing murmured, "There is a bit of pain but my leg muscles are more painful right now. That's why I didn't pay any attention to it."

He also looked for the same scar on Xiao Li's wrist and found that the other person was the same as him, but it was significantly thicker than his. It was around twice as thick. Xiao Li's complexion was pale and the scar was very shocking.

"Why is your injury bigger?" Ye Zeqing wondered.

Xiao Li replied lightly, "I don't know. Maybe I offended those jailers."

The pain wasn't bad. It was similar to bruising. It was slight but not severe. It was more like a mark, as if saying 'this person attempted to escape from prison' or something.