Chapter 208

After Wen Wenwen got up, he placed his hand on Bruce's shoulder for support as he started walking.

He hadn't taken even two steps when footsteps approached in the fog, drifting near like a ghost. The footsteps had a bit of weight but it wasn't the weight of ordinary people. It was in the range between ordinary and abnormal. It was unclear if the thing in the fog was a human or a monster.

"Go around the side. We can take the road on the left." Wen Wenwen retracted his hand and stared firmly in front.

They immediately turned and walked in the direction Wen Wenwen mentioned, but it wasn't only from the previous direction. The same footsteps came from the side where they wanted to make a detour.

The difference with the other side was that a gust of wind came from nowhere to blow away the thick fog in front of them. A face emerged from it, facing the reincarnators who had stopped.

Jin Handong stared in shock as she realized that the face was very familiar. Just before, she ate and chattered with him and slept in the same small house. It was the dead He Tian. He had appeared in the fog and was gradually approaching the reincarnators.

He Tian's eyes were open. His protruding eyes were full of dense, white insect silks. These insect silks had burrowed inside. After taking a step, they would fall out of the eye sockets and be trampled on by him.

Judging from the decree of decay of the body, he looked like he had been dead for at least half a month. Yet it was only less than two days since his death.

"Run!" Jin Handong urged while listening to the sound of footsteps coming from all directions.

Since the sounds in the fog were coming from the direction of the town centre, everyone had to run in the opposite direction. They ran for half a minute before Wen Wenwen who in front stopped.

In the clearing ahead of them, the group of young men who had walked out of the store were gathered together. The red-haired boss was smoking his last cigarette. He casually threw the cigarette butt on the ground and crushed it with his feet.

This piece of land was on the edge of Styland. It was barren and was normally an isolated land. People didn't often pass by here so they chose to play here.

It wasn't known where the young men had brought the clothes rails and cardboard boxes from but they used tape to erect the clothes rails and fix them on the railings. Then they hollowed out the bottom of the cardboard boxes and stuck them to the top of the railing, making a simple basketball basket.

The railing behind the clothes rail was the railing around the edge of the town, dividing the town from the outside world.

The little brother who held the red-haired boss' cigarette case had wrapped up the cardboard box and was holding the basketball in his hand. After confirming that the ball wouldn't get stuck, he turned around and said, "Boss, let's start. I want to be on your team."

The red-haired boss said, "Okay, don't be bothersome. Start quickly. The old man wants me to go back soon."

The remaining few people shrugged. They automatically divided into two teams. The little brother threw the basketball to the red-haired boss. He took an attack posture as he dribbled the ball. The other team started to defend. They played a few rounds before being interrupted by the footsteps of the reincarnators. The red-haired boss turned around. He couldn't grasp the ball in his hand and it rolled straight forward to Wen Wenwen's feet.

The little brother was very good at seeing the meaningful glance. He saw that the fog was too heavy and his boss couldn't immediately see who was coming. The boss' face wasn't very good. Therefore, the little brother immediately stepped forward and walked several metres. He saw it was the group of outsiders from the store and asked loudly, "What are you outsiders doing here? Are you not used to living here and you want to go?"