NENJAM MARAPATHILAI- 4

3rd Person POV:

Nila. It was her first year college and she was very excited. She had so many dreams. She wanted to graduate this university with a outstanding GPA and get into med school which would guide her into her dream job, a doctor.

"Nila...there you are." Mira and Priya followed behind her.

"Hey girls..." Nila said looking around.

"Let's go get some food first." Mira suggested.

"Yeahh. I'm hungry." Priya said.

"Alright... let's go." Nila said as they walked over to the the dining hall.

"Andru vandhadhum idhae nila" They heard tamil music being played.

"Indru vandhadhum adhae nila"

"Where is this music coming from?" Nila asked as she walked towards where the music was coming from.

"Endrum ulladhu orae nila"

Nila saw a group of guys sitting in front of the music station.

Nila loved listening to music and not just any music, Tamil music. She was a huge fan of old songs and any guy playing music she should be friends with.

"Iruvar kannukum orae nila" As the line played, Nila made eye contact with one of the guys in the group.

"Aaa... iruvar kannukum orae nila" She gave the guy a bright smile as he smiled back.

"Hi...Neenga than tamil music pottatha?" She asked. (Was it y'all you who played tamil music?)

"No, I don't think so. We're just sitting in this music station cause we couldn't find any other place on campus." The guy who was smiling at her said.

Nila rolled her eyes and turned around to leave.

"You're tamil?" Another guy asked.

"No...I'm half hispanic and half european." She said glaring at the guy who she made eye contact with.

"good to know." The guy was smiling but in a friendly way.

"I'm Siddharth." The guy who asked her if she was tamil said while lifting his hand up to shake hands.

"Nila.." She said as she noticed the guy from earlier still smiling.

"The nila song attracted the Nila here." Another guy spoke.

"And you are?" She asked.

"Gautham." He said.

"Are you a freshman?" the guy from earlier asked.

"No, I'm a lecturer." She said.

"what subject?" He asked with a slight smirk.

"Wait what?" Siddharth asked.

"So...this guy here doesn't have a name?" She asked.

"Partha." He said.

"And it was Partha who played the song. If you were wondering." gautham said.

"Interesting. We shall meet again." She said as she walked away.

"I see something you don't see." Siddharth said.

"Nahhh I see it too." Gautham said smirking.

"Y'all need to get your eyes checked." Partha got up to leave.

"And you need to get your heart checked." Gautham laughed.

A couple of weeks after, Partha found Nila sitting in a study room at the library studying.

"I didn't know lecturers use the study rooms to study." He said.

"there is no age limit to learning. you never stop learning." She said.

"All the rooms are full. Mind if I sit in that corner?" He asked.

"No, I was just about to leave. You can use this room." She said.

"Aww, Our Miss. Lecturer seems to dislike me." He said.

"It's Nila. And what is the need to dislike you?" She asked.

"Then...let's get something at starbucks?" He asked.

"Are you trying to ask me out on a date? If that's what you're doing, maybe try again more properly." She said.

"Ohhh no... I don't think it's right to be asking a lecturer on a date is it? But maybe I can ask Ms. Nila?" He said.

"You're a Senior and I'm a freshman. You're graduating this summer, I barely just started, how do you think this would even work?" She asked.

"This is why I don't date freshman. They come straight from high school with that attitude" He said.

"You senior guys be experimenting with each girl in the name of a date and..." before she could finish, the librarian walked to the room.

"I could hear you guy from outside. lower your volume if you want to stay here or get out." She said.

Nila glared at Partha before she walked outside and walked to the Starbucks on campus.

"Guess who rejected my offer and is sitting here waiting for me." Partha said as soon as he found her sitting in an empty seat.

"Since when did this place belong to you? I can be anywhere I want to be. This time it's starbucks." She said.

"What you want?" He asked.

"What?" She asked.

"What drink do you want?" He asked.

"I do not want anything." She said.

"Then... let me order something...you try it." He said with a smile as she just watched him.

a small smile peaked as she watched him order and looked back at her laptop when she saw him walking back.

"So..." She started as he sat down and waited for her to finish her sentence.

"Oh Shit!" He said as he picked up bag and hid from someone.

"What happened?" She asked as she saw Gautham.

"Hey...Gautham." She said.

"Hey..."he walked towards her.

"Partha? I was looking for you everywhere. What are you doing here? With Nila?" He asked.

"i gotta get going." Nila said getting up.

"And Partha... maybe give that extra drink you got to Gautham." She said softly so that only he could hear.

She got up and left. Partha went up to pick up his drink a few mins later.

"Where is the other drink?" He asked.

"The girl who was with you took it." the guy working said.

"What?" He asked looking for her.

Nila found a number written on the drink.

"Not bad..." She said as she saved the number to her contacts.